Notices

92 accord probs help

Old 06-17-2003, 11:10 PM
preylude99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 accord probs help

hey I have a 92 accord lx, auto, and it was working fine, it has 140K on the odometer, and just all of a sudden it does not want to go into any gear except reverse but even reverse takes time to get it in, or does not work at all. I suspect it is one of the solenoids as the transmission fluid does not go down at all even when you start it up. I think it could be a bad solenoid or a bad ECU fuse, is there anything else to check for? I dont think it is the torque converter or a major problem because it was working fine.... this only happened after a 60 mile drive and it makes a weird noise coming from the flywheel when it is in park then when put into drive or any other gear other than reverse it just revs but the sound isnt there, does anyone have any suggestions? thanks, appreciated.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:28 AM
preylude99

also, another symptom is that even if its warm right when you start it up it will drive ok for like 20 seconds then just lose everything, then if you start it up it will do the same etc etc....
Old 06-19-2003, 07:36 AM
preylude99

nobody?
Old 06-19-2003, 07:54 AM
jinus

I better find some used tranny!!
is there anyone who has an used auto tranny laying down in garage? for 92 lx honda accord.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:30 PM
damo

better off buyin a new trans, cause its gonna cost ya a hellafied amount to fix.Most of the times its impossible to fix them, they are usually replaced. I had a problem with mine gotta manual trans, just so happened that the ecu was fried bought a new one works just fine. Start off small like checking the ecu if good - look in the engine to see if any of the connectors goning twards the trans are chipped, rotting away, loose, cracked u get the idea, if good then take to a shop the worse thing they can tell you is you need a new tranny