Notices

03 Accord mileage sedan better?

Old 06-17-2003, 04:04 PM
Vicious Lau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Accord mileage sedan better?

hey all i know we talked about this before but im still stumped i just dont get it

i get about 360 when my gas light comes on BUT my friends ExL 4cylinder is getting 450!!!!!

i have a EX 4 cylinder but his is Sedan i just dont get it

other 7th genners wanna help me figure out whats goin on or does the sedan have better mileage doesnt make sense to me.

o ya ive been driving grandma and chillin in neutral a lot but still hes smoking me in the miles....dont get it help me out

thanks

eugene
Old 06-17-2003, 06:51 PM
Fast_Draw
03 Accord Owner

I'm not sure about any possible weight difference - but I'm sure that's minimal - and the difference is prob. in favor of the Coupe anyways.

It probably has to do with FLOORING it! I get 25 mpg on average - and I floor it EVERYWHERE and that includes Autocrossing as well.

BTW - What kinda rims are those and size? How low are you? And what springs are you using?
Old 06-17-2003, 07:41 PM
AcuraFanatic

Originally posted by Fast_Draw
I'm not sure about any possible weight difference - but I'm sure that's minimal - and the difference is prob. in favor of the Coupe anyways.

It probably has to do with FLOORING it! I get 25 mpg on average - and I floor it EVERYWHERE and that includes Autocrossing as well.

BTW - What kinda rims are those and size? How low are you? And what springs are you using?
I'm pretty sure that's photoshopped.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:46 AM
ldodol

it also could be that your friend is driving with a lot more highway miles than you are.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:53 AM
Threxx

Well since they are very similar cars in very similar conditions your only variables are:

Highway vs City
and
Driving style (how aggressive you are with the throttle and how much time you sit around idling compared to him)

You should also realize that some cars may set off the low fuel light much earlier than others... even of the same year and model. Many cars these days 'learn' where their limits are. For example my silverado had a 26 gallon tank and used to tell me "Low Fuel" when I still had 10 gallons left! Eventually after it 'learned' that I was quite a ways away from running out of gas it started warning me closer to when I really was low.

Accords may do the same thing, and his Accord may just have 'learned' its limits already while yours hasn't.

Don't compare you cars as to when the low fuel light comes out.

A much better way of comparing fuel economy is to

Step 1- go fill up completely today and reset your trip meter
Step 2- Drive around like you normally do
Step 3- whenever you are getting low (doesn't really matter when) go fill up
Step 4- Take the number of miles on your trip meter and divide the number of gallons you just put into it... then tell him to do the same and compare your MPG.

And BTW, yeah the pic in your sig looks very photoshopped.
Old 06-18-2003, 01:44 PM
xawax

And BTW, yeah the pic in your sig looks very photoshopped.
either that, or he has some seriously messed up camber.

my 98 4cyl gets 33mpg if i granny it around.