Notices

1996 A/C Cooling Unit leaking water

Old 06-16-2003, 07:51 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 A/C Cooling Unit leaking water

Saturday was a very hot, humid, and muggy day. My wife and I had a 1.5 hour drive and had the A/C on full blast almost the whole way. About an hour into the drive the A/C Cooling Unit started dripping water and I thought it was just condensation due to the humidity. However when I got off the highway and turned onto the local roads water came spilling out of it...more than just condensation. It also made a sound like when you throw water on hot metal...definately not normal.

My questions are...

1) Is this normal? This was really the first time all year we used the A/C since last fall...and it was very hot, humid, and muggy.

2) Could the drain hose be clogged somehow? If so how do I fix it?

3) Is my A/C just complete fawked and this is just the beginning of it going?

Thanks guys.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:32 AM
lingerbw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no experience with this on Hondas... but, this sounds like a similar problem I had with my Pathfinder. It was the drain hose, and it was easy to fix. I just stuck a wire up through the drain hose and kind of moved it around. When I pulled the wire out, water starting draining out like crazy. It's just like snakin a pipe, but be careful not to rip the hose. I don't know if this helps or not, but it's just my $ .02.