Notices

*5th Genners* Need Help Removing Side Skirts & Moldings

Old 06-12-2003, 06:41 AM
jaccordan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *5th Genners* Need Help Removing Side Skirts & Moldings

Hey my cars goin in theshop to get sprayed soon and i wanted to remove the side skirts and side door moldings so i could prep them and get them ready to get sprayed (To save Money).

Does anyone have any instructions on how to get the side skirts off the car. Also i need instructions on how to remove the side door moldings.

Thansk for the help.

Jaccordan
Old 06-12-2003, 08:18 AM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

rear skirt is a bitch to remove.

sides skirts are easy, just pop off the screw/grommet things underneath. remove the mudflaps and then just slide the skirts forward and then remove.

moldings no clue.

noel
Old 06-12-2003, 11:22 AM
whoaitslen2
hermit

The rear skirt is easy.. just get under the bumper and start unscrewing all the screws holding it on.

vtecinside explained the sideskirts.. just becareful not to break the clips when sliding it forward. Youll see after youve taken it off. I broke 3 of them my first time but dont worry it will still hold.

The side moldings are the tricky ones. You gotta take off the door panel and squeeze the clips holding it on from behind. Squeeze it and push it out. For the molding in the front you gotta get to the clip thats inside the inner fender well lining.

good luck :thumbup: