Notices

Fuel Rail upgrades????

Old 06-11-2003, 12:29 PM
miggyzamm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Rail upgrades????

I've heard alot of mixed reviews about the fuel rail upgrade. Some same it's good, others say it's not. What's the scoop?
What else do you need to upgrade when you do this? Fuel Pressure? Do you have to change the altanator? I would like to use 9mm wires?
I currently have a 92 accord coupe. No vtec. I do have aem cold air and a full cat back exhaust from greedy. I have 17 R1 racing rims with toyo tires. All three strut bars. Neuspeed short shifter.
That's just the begining. Help me out guys. Where can I go from here. I would hate to upgrade the engine right now. Mines is still good.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:44 PM
accordhybrid

Save your money cause you mods don't require a larger fuel rail
Old 06-11-2003, 04:19 PM
AccordCoup94

yea.. dont waste your money on it unless your thinking about turbo or nos.

you have 3 strut bars? maybe honda forgot to put on my extra wheels..
Old 06-11-2003, 04:46 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So your engine is built?

Mine is and I am staying with the stock rail for now and there won't be any fuel delivery issues at all.

Waste your money elsewhere.....btw don't bother with a SVAFC either they are pretty much useless...oh and an aftermarket igniton will also be useless until you are really pushing some numbers out of the engine.
Old 06-11-2003, 07:44 PM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

dunno about this really, you dont need it for just bolt ons. I have one that im going to put in in the next month or so. I'm working on a series of upgrades that will include:

ported intake manifold
JG 58 mm throttle body
AEM Rail
AEM fuel pressure regulator (A/F and FP gauges in the car)
motor mount inserts

The rail was something i got with the manifold so Im putting the FPR and gauge on it. Im basically working toward a point where i can go FI if i want to but really I'm just planning on pushing the F22 as far as it can possibly go before i make the decision.

Before anyone on this board flames me for workin on the F22, let me make clear that I know this damn thing will never be fast. As a college student, i work for the upgrades i can make for 100 dollars or less at a time, so the F22 is ideal because the parts are cheap and i feel rewarded when i work on it and get even a couple of horses on the butt dyno.

Anyways, we'll see how it goes. . .I should have the upgrades completed by mid july and the next thing i do will probably be a cam gear so i can advance my timing a tad. I'll try to dyno shortly after that =)
Old 06-11-2003, 09:49 PM
Soulja
HAN's resident 5-0

I have a STR fuel rail I picked up off ebay for cheap, and a AEM fpr I got off groupbuycenter. Its just one more thing to try to get a little more power. Hopefully this weekend that stuffs going on, along with the Cam gear and VAFC. And then goto the dyno to get it tuned. Ignition is going to be my next thing, just gotta hunt around for it for a cheap price.