Notices

Help w/ 2003 Accord coupe mods

Old 06-10-2003, 09:00 PM
Zoo Dork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help w/ 2003 Accord coupe mods

Whatup everyone,

As you can see, i'm brand new to the boards. I'm glad i found this place, because i've been looking for a while for a place to discuss my car. Mine is a 2003 Accord Coupe EX V6 auto with navigation system, black nighthawk pearl.

Here's a pic:

I like the clean look it has (hence, no spoiler), and want my upgrades to keep the whole clean, stealthy look.

Here's my laundry list, and my questions. Can you guys help me out w/ advice, tips on these?

-tint
-lowering springs (what brand? What's the most i should drop?)
- rims - I want Racing Hart CP8R's

The size is (205/40/17). Will these look good with something like the Honda OEM lowering springs (1" drop)?
- blacked out headlight housings
- chrome window trim (does this even exist?)

I think that the glossy black on the RH's look real classy even though it's a racing rim. Also, i think that chrome lip on the wheel would match perfectly if i had chrome window trim like past Accords have had.

So, in short, any help you guys can offer (especially with the springs/rims) would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-11-2003, 01:21 AM
willba

so many questions....my head is hurting...

well, i don't think there's a chrome window trim for the 7th gen, but if u want, u can peel off that tape-ish part on the bottom of ur window where the molding is. my friend did that cuz he thought it was a sticker...what happened was that i kicked his ass and then told honda there was some defect. they gave me another shitty window molding.

i think that it would look pretty good with the 1" drop, but i think that it'd look even better with a 2" drop (eibach sportline, maybe?)

the tint would definately look good. if you find a chrome window trim, let me know because im sick of the shit quality molding i keep getting from the dealer
Old 06-11-2003, 03:08 AM
AwSoMNaMjA

Default Re: Help w/ 2003 Accord coupe mods

Originally posted by Zoo Dork

-lowering springs (what brand? What's the most i should drop?)

- blacked out headlight housings

springs...get neuspeed...or aka H&R(f1.75 r1.5)....they are out...ground controls(1in to 3.5in)....or eibach...pro kits(f1.3 r 1.2) sportlines(f1.7 r 1.3...i think)

black housing....very easy....just take ur time...and its very easy.... pm slick03..he did it too.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:44 PM
jlin615
03.Accord.Coupe.LX

They make OEM lowering springs???
Old 06-11-2003, 10:10 PM
BlackChrome
E46/CD5

Default Re: Help w/ 2003 Accord coupe mods

Originally posted by Zoo Dork
...The size is (205/40/17)....
I don't think that's the right tire size for any Accord!
Old 06-11-2003, 10:39 PM
RoBear Racing
HAN Approved Vendor

We have AEM Intakes for your vehicle. I think that would be a good upgrade to a new vehicle.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:18 PM
Zoo Dork

Thanks for the replies guys.

Awsomnamja, what kind of springs did you use for your car? The drop on yours is pretty much exactly the height i'm looking for. Also, do you have some kind of how-to on painting the casing for the headlights?

The the guy that commented on the width of the tires: the width that i posted was the width of the rim. Does that mean that those Racing Harts wont fit into the accord?

As for the AEM intake...i'll get around to that eventually
Old 06-12-2003, 12:56 AM
willba

eibachs...sportline is 1.8" i'm pretty sure and the prokit is 1.2 or 1.3. hope that helps haha.
Old 06-12-2003, 01:20 AM
nizmugen

205/40/17 is the size of the tire. its too thin for any accord (cept for maybe the 1-3rd generations). i'd get 18's for your accord. just fits the car a bit better.

oh and just by looking at the picture, that exact rim isn't for your car. find the rim in a 5 lug pattern. i'm not sure what size but search around here someone's mentioned it before.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:41 AM
willba

Originally posted by nizmugen
205/40/17 is the size of the tire. its too thin for any accord (cept for maybe the 1-3rd generations). i'd get 18's for your accord. just fits the car a bit better.

oh and just by looking at the picture, that exact rim isn't for your car. find the rim in a 5 lug pattern. i'm not sure what size but search around here someone's mentioned it before.

5x114.3 offset 45+