Notices

What to do?

Old 06-09-2003, 07:22 PM
A5295
Where am I?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do?

I have just gotten my eg, and already ideas have begun spinning about what to do. I have found an intact LS integra engine that will need a rebuild. I have considered doing the full swap, but i have also considered an LS/VTEC. If i do this, which one would be a better head to use-B16 SiRI, SiRII, GSR, or B17? I need a lot of useable power, as i will be auto crossing. I will stay NA of course, no nitrous or turbo. I have considered SC, but decided against it. There will be some time/budget considerations, but I want full-on opinions. Is there anyone here who has already done this? Are there any warnings that i need to know about? Do you guys have any other options engine wise besides a b16 I or II that would be a good swap for a primarily autocross car? would building the Dx engine be a better option?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Old 06-11-2003, 12:43 AM
94civicEX
I got worms.

I'm not too familiar with the LS/VTEC setup, although there are a few people on here who are so hopfully they will get to this.

If you are going to be going into auto-x, maybe you should worry about suspension first before your motor .

Good luck man and welcome .

duck squad member #00003
Old 06-11-2003, 01:05 AM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

if you have the money,..go with a Type R head (b18c5 head) ,...if not then go with a b16a head,..i went with a GSR head well because it was cheap,...LS/vtec is known for leaking oil,..this is due to the fact that people try to tap the head themselves or they go to really shitty machine shops to have thier work done,..find a reputable machine shop who knows what they are doing and you should be fine,...i had no oil leaks,...it produces good power,...i liked it alot but im going with another motor so im selling the head and i will be selling my LS motor when i get my new motor
Old 06-11-2003, 02:04 PM
A5295
Where am I?

Thanks for the advice. I need you guys opinion. Another reason behind me going LS/VTEC is that a friend of mine just put another LS engine in his integra. He changed the oil in the last one and when he installed the oil filter, he left the old filter seal on, and it leaked all the oil out. It locked up the intake cam, and broke the timing belt. Everything else seems to be ok, but he wants like 250 for the engine complete, except for the starter and alternator. Is this a good price? I don't remember how many miles but i will check. I am sure that it isn't too bad, though.