Notices

Changing Headlight Bulbs

Old 06-07-2003, 06:48 PM
remues

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Headlight Bulbs

Hi anyone out there knows how to change the headlight bulbs 9003 without taking the bumper off? or you have too?? i just got some GE super blue.. i know i should get silverstars but the super blues are half the price and looks alittle better then stock.

thanks
remues
Old 06-07-2003, 07:17 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

Which lights are 9003? My regular headlights were H4, and my aux lights were 1156 - this is a 94 Si. Did the later years have different bulbs?

I changed out all four front lights a few months back, and did NOT have to remove the bumber.

To the best of my memory: to change out the headlights, unplug the harness from the bulb. Turn the bulb until it's "unlocked" from the housing, then the retaining spring/arm should push it back into the engine bay area, where you can remove the plastic insulating material between harness and bulb, and then change the bulb itself. At least, that's how I remember doing it.

For aux lights, I remember it being much simpler, almost like plug 'n' play. I'm not sure about 9003's, though.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

from what I know, you can interchange the h4 and the 9003.
But you are right on installing them it a point. Pull off the plug, then pull off the rubber boot. There is a little wire frame spring that holds the bulb tight to the light housing. Push on the looped side and slide it up to unhook it. Then the bulb should fall out.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:04 AM
remues

no no no u guys are all wrong.. it took me awhile but i got it.. i almost took the bumper off but that doesnt make any diffrence you have to unscrew the fog light mounts then unscrew the headlights screws then u can take the whole headlight off then u pull out the bulb.. i was trying to put it out with the headlight attach i got the passenger side but the driver side was way too hard.. so i had to take off the headlights,.. well thats all
Old 06-10-2003, 12:28 AM
Motohip

The drivers side is possible if you pull up the power steering fluid resevour and push it aside.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:28 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

you took the whole headlight out??? wtf? not needed, bro
Old 06-13-2003, 01:12 AM
remues

just got some silver stars trying really hard to get some matching foglights with it 1156 bulbs so far i bough some generic hyper whites from autodynamic.com and some polarg hyper whites from ebay..

the generic is blue more then white
the polarg is white with blue tint on it
waiting for my Piaa hyper whites and i hope they match..
Old 06-13-2003, 10:40 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

I remember when I very first tried to do the driver's side I was like "DAMN, there is NO space in here"...because I guess I have big hands or something. But I looked really carefully, and eventually just worked my hand in from the side. Worked just fine - a friend of mine did the winshield fluid relocation trick, and that worked for him.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you report about the PIAA hyper white 1156's ... none of the 1156's I've found are bright enough for my taste. I'm using Hiper right now, they're not bad, but I'm definitely looking to improve.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:02 AM
remues

i have hyper on my car too .. its alittle too blue.. i need that white white look because of my silverstars.. i compare it to my accord for some reason the light looks better on the accord..