Notices

Heater fan resistor pack DEAD. Need resistor values to replace.

Old 06-06-2003, 11:33 AM
zuczek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater fan resistor pack DEAD. Need resistor values to replace.

My heater fan resistor pack died today and I only get fan running on the "HIGH" 4 speed. I checked the resistor pack and it is fried.

I don't want to pay $50 for a stupid little thing.

Does anyone know what resistor values I might replace them with? There are 3.

Thanks alot.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:58 PM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

worthy thread, I'll hit mine with the DMM, if you tell me where it is, and what it looks like.

-PHiZ
Old 06-07-2003, 10:52 PM
zuczek

Open your glovebox all the way to the floor. To do that basically open it and push the two tabs on both sides that hold it from falling to the ground everytime you open the glovebox.

On the black heather part you will see a small plastic piece mounted with 2 screws. There is a connector with some wires hooked up to it. Remove the two screws and unplug the connector. It will have three wound up coils inside covered with some hard ceramic stuff. I basically need the resistance for each of the resistance wires there.

I hope this makes sense.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:02 AM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

Originally posted by zuczek
Open your glovebox all the way to the floor. To do that basically open it and push the two tabs on both sides that hold it from falling to the ground everytime you open the glovebox.

On the black heather part you will see a small plastic piece mounted with 2 screws. There is a connector with some wires hooked up to it. Remove the two screws and unplug the connector. It will have three wound up coils inside covered with some hard ceramic stuff. I basically need the resistance for each of the resistance wires there.

I hope this makes sense.

Ok, I'll check it out, but if they are wire-wound coils, they might be inductors instead of resitors... You know what I mean?

-PHiZ
Old 06-08-2003, 12:14 PM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

Ok that wasn't fun =(

Are you talking about the part with the visible Blue and black (large) wires, and smaller green wire?

Anyways, if that is the part, it is a pot type transistor part # Toshiba 2SD1460.

If you want to try and replace it, I reccomend removing the circular blower at the bottom of the black housing that the transistor is plugged into. It is held in place by 3 torx screws.

Let me know if I can do anything else to help.

Oh, and as far as replacing this part yourself, the part is 90 percent heatsink and 10 percent plactic connect/transistor.

Here are some more pictures: http://www.crimethink.org/heater/

This is off of my 99 civic ex

-PHiZ
Old 06-08-2003, 12:54 PM
zuczek

Hmm, the part is different than in my car. I think they might have changed it in the 99 model. Mine is a 98. It still has the older type dash controls, not the ones with the knobs but the slider.

Im sure other people can benefit from this.

But if anyone can check this on a 98 civic that would be great.