Notices

Why would they do that?

Old 06-04-2003, 07:37 PM
OSGP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why would they do that?

The 'H' emblem on my rear hatch was stolen. It happened overnight while my 6G HB was parked curbside. They took the emblems off the hood and hatch of a 5G HB parked just right acrossed the street. I then started noticing that a lot of Civics have their front or back 'H' emblems missing while driving around town. I think theirs were stolen too? I guess it's a very common practice? I am a bit hesitated to get a replacenment because I am afraid that it might end up stolen again. Now I have to deal with those two ugly holes on my hatch.

Do you guys have any recommendation on how to prevent this? Should I get a different emblem or is there a more 'theft proof' ones? What do you guys do to the two ugly holes if not getting a replacement? Thanks!
Old 06-04-2003, 07:41 PM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've heard of people epoxying their emblems on. i had mine stolen too. now i have a cf hood (which has no holes) on the front, and shaved the back holes. i've heard of emblems being stolen alot. i don't know what they do with them though. i don't really think there is much you can do about it. maybe hook up a battery to it so people that touch it get shocked. but it'd have to be a real metal one. and you'd probably have to insulate it from the car so you don't get shocked when going to get in. :dunno:
Old 06-04-2003, 07:47 PM
onebadassdx

look out for someone driving around with like 20 "H"'s on their car.

check on ebay or something for someone selling them locally.

had mine shaved from the rear, looks much cleaner w/o any emblems.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:57 PM
Cashis EG8
Registered Rota Dealer

It's always middle/high school kids that think it is "cool" to have emblems all over their: room/binder/locker/etc...

Damn kids
Old 06-04-2003, 11:01 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

I also had my emblems shaved front and back so I wouldn't have to worry about them getting stolen. Probably not the most cost effective thing to do, but it is the best. :thumbup:
Old 06-04-2003, 11:03 PM
Cashis EG8
Registered Rota Dealer

Somebody "shaved" my emblems for me...but the left two holes...and a big dent in my hood
Old 06-04-2003, 11:05 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally posted by Cashis EG8
Somebody "shaved" my emblems for me...but the left two holes...and a big dent in my hood
Shaved, huh? :naughty:
Old 06-04-2003, 11:36 PM
agent87
Need zzzzz's

Yeah, I had the same thing happen to me and I also noticed that a bunch of other folks had the same problem. I haven't replaced it yet because I think it would get stolen again. It sucks.

I think it is kids who usually do it. Grown men taking emblems to collect them for fun or to be disrespectful would be pretty :ghey: Then again, so are the kids who do the same thing.