Notices

2G Teg rear disc's on a 95 civic???

Old 06-04-2003, 03:59 PM
whiteciv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2G Teg rear disc's on a 95 civic???

There is a dude that I saw that is selling rear disc setup from a 92 integra and says it'll fit a 95 civic, I think he's full of shit, can anyone agree or dissagree???
Old 06-04-2003, 04:56 PM
95DXPhiladeph

Default Re: 2G Teg rear disc's on a 95 civic???

Originally posted by whiteciv
There is a dude that I saw that is selling rear disc setup from a 92 integra and says it'll fit a 95 civic, I think he's full of shit, can anyone agree or dissagree???
well, as you prolly know 94-01 usually fits on 5th gen with no prob...

some minor adjustments usually works like a charm...

as for the brakes, i would assume... but if you're going to go and get a disc setup from the teg, instead just get an AEM big brake kit... save up the extra loot...

otherwise, it's worth a shot right?
Old 06-06-2003, 09:56 PM
mrmike

rears are the same and interchangeable. rear trailing arms on 4th and 5th gen civics are the same as the 2nd gen and 3rd gen integras
Old 06-07-2003, 10:48 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mrmike
rears are the same and interchangeable. rear trailing arms on 4th and 5th gen civics are the same as the 2nd gen and 3rd gen integras
Not exactly.... the shape and dimensions are the same, but the trailing arm bushings are different. The 2g teg bushings are bigger diameter, and the little metal part that sticks out is fatter.

Should fit fine, you just need to remember that if you ever get aftermarket trailing arm bushings, you gotta get them for 2g teg or 4g civic.

....speaking from experience here.
Old 06-07-2003, 09:09 PM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

It's pretty ****ing common bro, do a search. Basically you need the rear suspension assemblies, also, and this is often overlooked, you need a proportioning valve, and master cylinder from the donor car, along with e-brake lines, unless you can flare hardlines.

Did I mention you need to search?

-PHiZ
Old 06-07-2003, 09:32 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by PHiZ
It's pretty ****ing common bro, do a search. Basically you need the rear suspension assemblies, also, and this is often overlooked, you need a proportioning valve, and master cylinder from the donor car, along with e-brake lines, unless you can flare hardlines.

Did I mention you need to search?

-PHiZ
he's asking if he can use gen 2 teg stuff, not gen 3. G2 integra e-brake cables don't fit, theyre not long enough, he'll need g3 teg cables or cables from a 5g civic with rear discs. That and the bushings are the only parts that aren't the same. BTW, the e-brake has nothing to do with any flaring he'd have to do.