Notices

picture of where rear tower struct bar mounts?

Old 06-03-2003, 08:05 AM
solRNY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picture of where rear tower struct bar mounts?

i purchase some tower struct bar from ebay and the rear struct bar seems way too short, i was thinking if it was suppose to mount where i thought it would then it will not fit, any one with a picture of there mounted rear tower struct bar please post so i can see where it suppose to go.

thanks
Old 06-03-2003, 02:19 PM
Motohip

It's suposed to mount on top of the rear shockk towers. Sorry I don't have a pic. Do you have a pic of the bar you got?

Does the part where it mounts come off? If so, it could be reversed. Some of the more in-expensive ones are designed this way. Some also have a screw on type deal. Maybe to adjust it or to fit more cars.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:43 AM
solRNY

yeah the bar i got is CRAP! it does not even install on the struct mounts but it install on the chasis of the car near the spare wheel well where there is two large bolts on either side. CRAP I TELL U! CRAP!!!!!
Old 06-04-2003, 07:40 AM
Motohip

how much did you pay? I don't think it's all that bad that it mounts there. Might not do much good there actually depending on how high it's mounted. Is it really close the the bottom of the trunk or closer to the top of the shock tower? What brand is it. Never heard of one mounting there.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:50 PM
solRNY

oh it mounted right to the bottom of the trunk(sheetmetal) offset by ~1 inch stand offs, not any where as high as the rear struct tower. if you mount it there you would have to cut a pattern of the struct bar into ur carboarded carpet that lay over the spare wheel well.

the front struct is really really nice-comptech like- nice polished look, strong and very sturdy, work great! but the rear is useless!

it was not expensive at all, 50 bucks for both on ebay, you do get for what you pay - its not a solid bar but its not all the way hollow, that it is reinforced. looks like this,

solid = [IIIII],
hollow = [ ],
reinforced = [ I I ],

if they had made mounts that attaches to the rear struct towers and a bar that would be long enough then it would be perfect
Old 06-05-2003, 12:06 AM
Motohip

That's really strange that the bar was made that way. I'd say sell it on ebay to someone else . Would that be mean :chuckles:?
Old 06-05-2003, 06:04 AM
solRNY

Originally posted by Motohip
That's really strange that the bar was made that way. I'd say sell it on ebay to someone else . Would that be mean :chuckles:?
haha, i probably just buy the correct one and mount them both-haha-but i wouldnt show it to anyone though-lol
Old 06-06-2003, 09:18 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

sounds like you got a rear LOWER bar. It connects between the inner end of the lower control arms...