Notices

Greddy Exhaust

Old 06-02-2003, 02:49 PM
d15notec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Exhaust

This conversation was going on in my other post, i thougt i'd make its own thread.

Originally posted by maestro5050
I had the exact opposite thing happen with mine. The Greddy Evolution exhaust I bought back in 97 went fubar on me. In 2001 the mesh resonator inside the muffler portion came off its weld points and was moving free inside the muffler and creating a hella rattle. The local shop I bought it from said there was only a 3 year warranty on it and I was out of luck. I called Greddy directly and they asked me to send them some pics of the exhaust on the car, a few shots up the exhaust pipe to show the resonator had dropped, and my proof of purchase. I had lost my proof of purchase and the shop had purged it from their system since it was 4 years old. Greddy gave me NO problems about it and shipped a new exahust (full cat back, not just the muffler) to the shop and had them install it and paid for shipping on both the old and new exhaust, as well as the install. Total turn around time was less than 10 days.

Needless to say I highly recommend Greddy and their exhaust products. I even put a sticker on my back window for them (even though I despise most ricey stickers) since they took such good care of me. I don't mind giving a little free advertising when a company takes good care of me and stands behind their product.

I think i got the same thing happening to mine..

Anyone got greddy's number? i got a fix it ticket i need to fix and i dont konw if i should try and get another greddy or just a dynomax.

the shop i take my car too told me he'd hook me up with the dynomax installed for 120.. 70 exhaust, 50 laber... any thoughts?

Court date june 18
Old 06-02-2003, 02:54 PM
Motohip

It was your thread, he says the exact opposite happened to him, now you think yours is the same as his :thinking:?

I'd try to get it free from greddy, but you need it NOW before court. Why spend money if you don't have to? Either hurry or maybe borrow a stock muffler from someone temporarily.

*EDIT: I found the thread you got that from and now it all makes sense :*
Old 06-02-2003, 03:34 PM
d15notec

anyone got a stock muffler i could borrow? temporarily ofcourse...

or i'll trade you my fvcked up greddy for it...
Old 06-02-2003, 10:40 PM
maestro5050

Default Re: Greddy Exhaust

Originally posted by d15notec
This conversation was going on in my other post, i thougt i'd make its own thread.

I think i got the same thing happening to mine..

Anyone got greddy's number? i got a fix it ticket i need to fix and i dont konw if i should try and get another greddy or just a dynomax.

the shop i take my car too told me he'd hook me up with the dynomax installed for 120.. 70 exhaust, 50 laber... any thoughts?

Court date june 18
Ya needed to quote me in a separate thread to get a response? :thinking:

/sarcasm on

Yeah Greddy's number is real hard to find. I had to go all the way to thier webpage http://www.greddy.com/ and click on the "Contact Us" link.

/sarcasm off

Seriously the number is (949) 588-8300.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:37 AM
d15notec

love the sarcasm button....

other then that, i called greddy today and they wanted the proof of purchase, so im just gonna get a dynomax.

thanks for the help
Old 06-05-2003, 10:58 AM
maestro5050

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You don't really NEED proof of purchase on something that has a lifetime warranty, although I don't believe all Greddy exhausts do have one.

First off, call the shop you got the muffler from initially and see if they can locate your proof of purchase. If they cannot find it, have THEM call Greddy to discuss the situation. Manufacturer's are more likely to work with distributers than customers when it comes to grey areas like lack of proof of purchase. Greddy has your money already, but they continue to make money every day off of distributers and they want to keep that business.

Ultimately all waranties come down to proof of purcahse, and without one there really is no warranty, even if it is life time. Product warranties only apply (in general) to the original purchaser unless they are transfered in writing through the OEM to a new owner. No receipt = no proof that you bought the product or are the original owner. For all they know, you bought the exhaust system from someone knowing that it was bad with the idea of getting a new one by playing the system.

But at least TRY harder, have the shop call on your behalf, or in worse case, you call Greddy back and see if you can get someone else on the phone who is more willing to bend the rules a little. Why pay money for a new exhaust system when you should be able to get yours replaced for free?
Old 06-06-2003, 08:12 AM
d15notec

Originally posted by maestro5050
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You don't really NEED proof of purchase on something that has a lifetime warranty, although I don't believe all Greddy exhausts do have one.

First off, call the shop you got the muffler from initially and see if they can locate your proof of purchase. If they cannot find it, have THEM call Greddy to discuss the situation. Manufacturer's are more likely to work with distributers than customers when it comes to grey areas like lack of proof of purchase. Greddy has your money already, but they continue to make money every day off of distributers and they want to keep that business.

Ultimately all waranties come down to proof of purcahse, and without one there really is no warranty, even if it is life time. Product warranties only apply (in general) to the original purchaser unless they are transfered in writing through the OEM to a new owner. No receipt = no proof that you bought the product or are the original owner. For all they know, you bought the exhaust system from someone knowing that it was bad with the idea of getting a new one by playing the system.

But at least TRY harder, have the shop call on your behalf, or in worse case, you call Greddy back and see if you can get someone else on the phone who is more willing to bend the rules a little. Why pay money for a new exhaust system when you should be able to get yours replaced for free?

i bought the car 2 years ago with the exhaust, and i have no way of contacting the orig. ownner, now what? i dont think my shop guy will do that for me, i dont know him to well and i'm sure he'd rather just sell m e a new one.. now what?
Old 06-06-2003, 09:19 AM
BassmintPimpin
EBP'n It!

Just wondering, who would ever go from Greddy to a crappy Dynomax. Don't they sell Dynomax at Auto Zone? You might as well cut your Greddy muffler off and weld you a light-up APC on that bitch.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:44 PM
maestro5050

Originally posted by d15notec
i bought the car 2 years ago with the exhaust, and i have no way of contacting the orig. ownner, now what? i dont think my shop guy will do that for me, i dont know him to well and i'm sure he'd rather just sell m e a new one.. now what?
Well sounds like you are screwed for getting it under the warranty. I thought you had purchased the exhaust. I do agree with BassmintPimpin. Get something other than the Dynomax crap. No reason to downgrade. If you are gonna do it, do it right. Take the fifty bucks you planned for install and apply it to a real muffler.