Notices

Introduction

Old 05-31-2003, 10:41 AM
InferiorWang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction

Hi all!
I just got my first Civic. It's an automatic 93 LX Sedan. It's kinda the opposite of what I really wanted but I got a good deal. I used to have a 95 Mirage S Coupe and was looking to buy a manual 1G DSM, but couldn't find a decent one and I needed a car quick since I just got home from college and need something to use to go to/from work.

I've never really considered honda's to be fast and there are so many ricers around here that no one really seems to have the ability to prove me wrong. I know any car can be fast with the right work done to it, so don't think I'm flaming you guys, it's just my experience. I've had my car for like 2 weeks and I already want to do some stuff to it, but I don't want to spend all my money because I'm eventually going to sell the car when I find what I really want. I've been thinking about doing about a 1 inch drop and stiffening up the suspension so I can get better handling. It's pretty fun as is, but I always like it to be better. What do you guys suggest for a decent (yet inexspensive) sport suspension? Also, does anyone have any suggestions for for free or cheap ghetto-rigged mods? I've taken the box off from around the filter and am going to build an intake sometime in the next few weeks. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I need without using PVC since that gives off toxic fumes. I appreciate any suggestions. I'm just having a little fun with this car before I find myself a nice turbo-charged car.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:43 AM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

don't do ghetto mods :nono:
Old 05-31-2003, 11:08 AM
Tirod

nice name :ugh: and yes it is inferior... to me!!!
Old 05-31-2003, 12:23 PM
frank
frank from canada

i've got a "ghetto" intake and its basically two pieces of mandrel bent piping, two silicon gormets and a cone filter. it was alright and i couidln't complain cause the piping was free. its basically a short ram intake pipe cut in half and then rejoined with a silicon gormet.
Old 05-31-2003, 12:27 PM
InferiorWang

What's wrong with ghetto mods if done right? I bet you didn't know Home Depot had an auto section.
Old 06-01-2003, 05:05 PM
onebadassdx

the words "ghetto mods" and "done right" don't belong together
Old 06-01-2003, 05:20 PM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

diy mods are very acceptable. ghetto mods are not.
Old 06-01-2003, 05:45 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

here's a mod: put the bottom half of your airbox back on, pull out the intake resonator, get a piece of dryer ducting and a hose clamp, clamp the dryer ducting to the airbox inlet, and run the ducting down through the hole under the airbox and into the bumper. DIY CAI... doesn't do much, but it does something--matched with a K&N drop in filter, thats a pretty good cheap-ass mod.

As for suspension, if you're looking to go for really cheap, don't bother. If youre looking to spend a few hundred, get H&R or Eibach or Neuspeed springs, and some OK shocks--kyb or tokico is a good bet. You can probably find the springs used somewhere, but its a good idea to buy the shocks new.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:07 PM
HappySnatch
OG

here's a mod: run your car off a bridge you n00b
Old 06-01-2003, 06:26 PM
onebadassdx

haha, inferiorwang and happysnatch, awesome names