Notices
Other Honda & Acura News Automotive news from around the globe.

Top Fuel's Type-RR Turbo AP1 - The Top Of Their Game Part 2

Old 03-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Top Fuel's Type-RR Turbo AP1 - The Top Of Their Game Part 2

Top Fuel's Type-RR Turbo AP1 - The Top Of Their Game Part 2

Top Fuel's Record Setting AP1 Type RRTop Fuel Of Japan Top Fuel's pride and joy is an AP1 the likes of which I have never seen before. They call it the "Type-RR Turbo AP1," and its last dyno numbers were close to 630 whp. I know that completely reworking a race car to meet Japanese regulation weight standards is always mandatory. But what I was dying to know is: "How in the hell did they turn their AP1 into a giant carbon-covered Koi fish?" Its vented hood looks like it has flared gills. Its aggressive fins protrude from the car's torso in sharp angles and smooth curves, making it look all the world like an oversized black Japanese carp; complete with carbon scales and a giant caudal fin. The colossal tail fin is manifested in the form of a custom 6 foot, 2 inch wing that scrapes the heavens. Below this downforce filled monstrosity sits the equally gargantuan rear diffuser and that arching center-mounted titanium exhaust port, with its custom downturned mouth. If one were to peer under the car, they would find a completely custom light weight undertray.

Photo Gallery: Top Fuel's Type-RR Turbo AP1 - The Top Of Their Game Part 2 - Honda Tuning Magazine

Photo Gallery: Top Fuel's Type-RR Turbo AP1 - The Top Of Their Game Part 2 - Honda Tuning Magazine

Top Fuel's Type-RR Turbo AP1 - The Top Of Their Game Part 2 | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...