Notices

Do you guys bang your headers?

Old 05-14-2003, 08:54 PM
haitred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you guys bang your headers?

I got the Tein SS's on the wip with factory rims for now, can't afford the rims yet. Anyway, I've seen other Accords out there that are dropped lower than mine with factory rims as well hitting all sorts of bumps and dips and they look fine. I feel if I drop the car any lower, I could never drive anywhere in Queens. Does this sound right? If I go over a bump a lil too fast, I scape the headres or that bar that runs underneath the car. Will me getting 18's help this out? I would love to drop it more but I can't because of the hearders and my freakin Apex World Sport exhaust. It hangs too low.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:19 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

I got a WW Lip kit rollin on stock alloy and slammed it couple of times (6 or 7 really hard). I checked last weekend and there's nothing wrong under. If you want to protect under components, weld a metal plate under your bay. Otherwise Don't lower too much. 18" with big tires helps a lot, I had 18" with 215x40 and they raised my car about 1"+.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:03 AM
93accordEX

cause your in queens. roads suck. I like totally destroyed my stock header. now with my dc i've been a lot more careful and its still dented. note - dont ever go over gw bridge.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:27 AM
haitred

Originally posted by 93accordEX
cause your in queens. roads suck. I like totally destroyed my stock header. now with my dc i've been a lot more careful and its still dented. note - dont ever go over gw bridge.

The roads do suck! I thought I was the only one. So, in other words, the only thing that will help is the rims? I thought there was something wrong with my setup some how. I have the DC ceramics but the freakin bottum is kinda scraped a lil bit.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:28 AM
haitred

Originally posted by PoohBoi
I got a WW Lip kit rollin on stock alloy and slammed it couple of times (6 or 7 really hard). I checked last weekend and there's nothing wrong under. If you want to protect under components, weld a metal plate under your bay. Otherwise Don't lower too much. 18" with big tires helps a lot, I had 18" with 215x40 and they raised my car about 1"+.

How do you get to the stuff underneath if the plate is there and welded on?
Old 05-15-2003, 06:14 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

that's one reason why you don't slam the car on the ground when lowering and do a more reasonable type of drop.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:18 AM
haitred

Originally posted by AccordSleeper
that's one reason why you don't slam the car on the ground when lowering and do a more reasonable type of drop.
I underastand that, but it's not even that low, to me anyway. There are other accords that are slammed way more than mine. You can se the whole tire. On the other accords out there, the top part of the tire is tucked in the fender.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:53 AM
decibel_dj

yeah i hit my header on a regualar depending on where i drive and if i gotta do speed bumps. my fear is my tranny block and oil pan cuz a 4" tow bar cant really go under my oil pan. my exhaust piping gets scrapped regualary cuz they couldnt fit it back in the exhaust tray without modification of my suspension (suspension was changed months b4)
Old 05-15-2003, 10:21 AM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

i my header got wned: last night. gigantic manhole + dip + going 60:wtc::wtc::wtc:
Old 05-15-2003, 11:37 AM
aero3685

Originally posted by haitred
How do you get to the stuff underneath if the plate is there and welded on?
Just get some metal, and weld it so it fits over all of the crap you wanna protect, and mount it somehow between other stuff etc. with bolts.

When I do it, if I have a digi, I'll get some pics.