Notices

Car wax , rim cleaner info

Old 05-14-2003, 12:22 PM
ACCORDDUST
ChicagoLand Accord Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wax , rim cleaner info

so i just went over to pep boys and wal-mart to see what they got .. i wanna wax my car this summer . just curious what you guys use . i was thinking about mothers wax, or Zinol... whats the best .. then i also saw this new wheel cleaner called Orange Blast , cleans break dust and all that crap .. it was like 5$ at pep boys and like 2 $ at wal-mart . i think i will try it ..
Old 05-14-2003, 12:30 PM
DJ Scotty

Default Re: Car wax , rim cleaner info

Originally posted by ACCORDDUST
so i just went over to pep boys and wal-mart to see what they got .. i wanna wax my car this summer . just curious what you guys use . i was thinking about mothers wax, or Zinol... whats the best .. then i also saw this new wheel cleaner called Orange Blast , cleans break dust and all that crap .. it was like 5$ at pep boys and like 2 $ at wal-mart . i think i will try it ..
I wish I could help more with the wax concern, but as far as car wash solution, please look no further than GLIPTONE---on the jug of this pink stuff it says "Wash and Glow" and this stuff is great, believe me...when you mix the soap in with the (hot) water, the stuff "glows" this awesome bright pink color----and the soap is absolutely awesome for getting the car looking great. The paint looks really deep when you're done. I have tried them all---from Turtle Wax's Zip Wax product to that Blue Coral crap---GLIPTONE is the best from what I have seen.

If you are interested, I see that I believe its Mothers who has some spray on wax product that you use after the car is washed, while its still wet---where you spray on this stuff and then dry the car, as if you were just drying after a wash---its supposed to be that quick....
Old 05-14-2003, 01:46 PM
DownLowAcc
Keepin it Simple

Mothers or Maguiers for wax and Mothers wax for the wheels. I have a polished lip on my wheels,after I apply Mothers wheel polisher that shiezet shines like new.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:50 PM
DJ Scotty

Originally posted by DownLowAcc
Mothers or Maguiers for wax and Mothers wax for the wheels. I have a polished lip on my wheels,after I apply Mothers wheel polisher that shiezet shines like new.
Hey Down Low,

I have heard about putting wax on the wheels....a friend of mine told me about this....I have the stock aluminum 16's on my 99 Accord...would putting wax on em make them shine even better after a wash, or do I also need the Mothers wheel polisher? I used to just spray on the Quicksilver s***it....
Old 05-14-2003, 04:36 PM
projekakkord
Southernplayalistic

I use Meguiar's wax on my car #6 and #26 and I used #7 on my wheels, I think it was #7, either way, they work great!!! Other than that, I used old fashioned soap, water, and elbow grease. Here's a pic so you can see how it turned out

Old 05-14-2003, 05:00 PM
94AccordSedanEX

I claybar once a year with Clay Magic, Swirl Remove twice a year with 3M Swirl Mark Remover, use S100 Caranuba Paste Wax (the best caranuba wax out, it's even won tons of tests), and S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser for a polish. I wax every two weeks, and polish/wax every 4 weeks. I wash every week. Any Car Soap will do fine for washing the car. Just make sure it's not dishwashing soap, or anything like that. I'd reccomend Meguiars # 26 Yellow Liquid Wax for you since it's easy to use, and easy to find. It is a Caranuba wax so it's not going to last for much longer than 4-6 weeks. Meguiars # 7 Show Car Glaze is an easy glaze to find also and works well. For my rims, I use just car soap and a sponge. If the rims get real dirty, just make sure whatever wheel cleaner you use, theres no acids in it because it will tear away at the rim's finish. BTW projekaccord, using # 7 on your wheels? I'm sure it didn't last much longer than 5-10 minutes of normal driving since of how hot the area gets, and # 7 is only a glaze which on a car won't last much longer than 5-6 days when topped with a wax. Theres a wax made for wheels called Wheel Wax that I read works pretty well. If you do want to wax the wheels, just use some kind of sealant wax like Meguiars # 20, or something because it is made to last long. Anyways, enough rambling, good luck.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:45 PM
jschmid

Originally posted by DJ Scotty
Hey Down Low,

I have heard about putting wax on the wheels....a friend of mine told me about this....I have the stock aluminum 16's on my 99 Accord...would putting wax on em make them shine even better after a wash, or do I also need the Mothers wheel polisher? I used to just spray on the Quicksilver s***it....
You don't want to use the same product on your wheels as you would on polished wheels and lips. Those wheel polishs are slightly abrasive to remove oxidation, etc. They'll mess up your finish on your stock honda wheels. Best thing is to wash and wax.

I recently did mine this winter while they were off the car:
before:

After:

Wash, tar removal, wash, wax.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Sham

Damn!!! Nice rims!!!!
Old 05-14-2003, 09:00 PM
whoaitslen2
hermit

'H' center cap :thumbup:

Meguairs car wax :thumbup:

Simple Green stuff for rims, just spray, wash, and wipe :thumbup:
Old 05-14-2003, 09:06 PM
b_dyche
owned by a 9 car pile-up

What do you guys recommend for removing tar off the side of the car?