Notices
Other Honda & Acura News Automotive news from around the globe.

Top Fuel of Japan - The Top Of Their Game

Old 01-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Top Fuel of Japan - The Top Of Their Game

Top Fuel of Japan - The Top Of Their Game

Behind The Scenes With The Legendary Top Fuel Of JapanTop Fuel Japan
The month of September is a time of year that has always seemed somewhat peculiar to me. As a culture, we automatically associate autumn with raking leaves, football, the start of school, and cooler weather. The last part of that equation is the only factor that seems to waver. When September begins, it's just as bloody hot as August, and there's no magic cool-down valve. However, that's another diatribe for another day; right now I am concentrating on not vomiting from the excessive heat. I'm from Alabama, so I know heat and humidity, and I sure as hell know sweat. But Japan hits me with a level of humidity that feels entirely overpowering. The feeling is best conveyed using just one word: sweltering. Uchinaka, Nakagawa-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi, Japan is no exception to the rule. This little town north of Nagoya truly surprised me, for it has many notable aspects outside of the blistering temps. Firstly, it has one hell of a tongue twister for a name, and like many rural parts of Japan, it sits in a land-locked valley filled with farmers. Rice has to grow in stagnant water, so all of this still water significantly increases the humidity levels. Plus, being a good bit inland doesn't help because there's a lack of natural breezes to offer relief. Add to that the absence of the typhoons that consistently hit other areas of Japan this summer, and things are even worse in the shadow of a drought.

Photo Gallery: Top Fuel of Japan - The Top Of Their Game - Honda Tuning Magazine

Top Fuel of Japan - The Top Of Their Game | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...