Notices

fixing a 1993 accord right side power mirror

Old 05-13-2003, 10:39 AM
RKV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fixing a 1993 accord right side power mirror

ok guys, well, my uncle pulled out of his garage, he has a 1993 accord, and he didnt get much sleep cuz he was studying for finals for his grad school. anyway, pulling out of the garage, he sideswipes the garage door wall(stupid, even if im sleepy, i dont think i could), hitting it only with his passenger side power mirror. so, he comes to me, knowing i love cars, especially hondas, i tell him alot of stories on how mechanics suck sometimes. i see that the only damage is the right side view mirror. anyway, the casing or cover i should say, has some scratches, just needs some touch up paint or perhaps needs to be repainted, but the real damage somehow is only the mirror is cracked, almost shattered. one of my questions is, do i need to buy the entire mirror assemby or can i just buy the glass part? i called my honda dealership from where i bought my car, cuz i keep in touch with them occasionally, and they told me, u have to buy whats called a mirror sub assembly, its like the glass with some inside casing which connects to the wires inside, not the entire actual mirror with the mirror covers, and its gonna be about $110 for just that 1 right side. WTF? i saw on a website, a set of power mirrors for $60+ they can paint it for you($40), shipping was like $12.95, so about $112, thus, i could get 2 for that price shipped to me, and for entirely brand power new mirrors, not just the glass part like honda would give me. so, guys, thing is, where should i buy this glass mirror part for cheaper, beside ebay? unless u can find me a place, where i can buy the entire right side mirror, problem is, most places sell mirrors as a set, not as singles. and, how hard is it to install this mirror assembly set? anything complicated? ive worked with systems, and installing faces into cars, so i kno some knowledge. thanks guys for the help in advance.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:22 AM
RY2K
5 speed

You should try to find it at a junk yard and take it apart, and get what you need out of it
i'm sure you could find it cheaper there
Old 05-13-2003, 12:38 PM
Matt86
vtec ownz j00

Originally posted by RY2K
You should try to find it at a junk yard and take it apart, and get what you need out of it
i'm sure you could find it cheaper there
good advise.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Hondapower10a
Avocado Green Appliance

The mirror itself should have a screw on the underside of the mirror assembly. A scrapyard should have one, two, or several dozen mirrors for you at a low cost.