Notices

Pls help with amp install to OEM deck - 6gen

Old 05-12-2003, 03:20 AM
mpykalo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pls help with amp install to OEM deck - 6gen

Can anyone suggest a way of connecting an amp (actually a Bazooka bass tube) to the OEM headunit?
I have replaced all the factory speakers with the following: Polk EX369 in the rear deck, EX365 in the doors, and EX3500 in the dash. The sound quality has improved markedly.
I really like the look of the OEM headunit in the dash, so my preference is to keep it. Is it possible to connect the Bazooka amp (it does have high level inputs) to this deck with RCAs and will I be able to gather a ON/OFF signal somehow?
Oh... my car is a 02 SE sedan with the 6 speaker setup.

Thanks
M
Old 05-12-2003, 07:40 AM
AadosX

Well you can't use the RCA's... but you can use the high level input. The high level input should utilize a type of wiring harness, with a ground, and two signals. The amp should have come with instructions. Tap that wiring harness into the speaker wires closest to where you are putting the tube, i.e. your rear speaker wires leading up to your rear speakers. Then, you can either run a wire from your power antenna to the amp for the on/off signal, or rig something else of the like. You could even just wire it to a switch if you wanted to.

BTW-markedly?
Old 05-12-2003, 07:49 AM
mpykalo

Thanks for the advice. M

Markedly=outstanding, distinct, striking, noticeable...
Old 05-12-2003, 09:49 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

In the 6th gens there was no power antenna... nor is there a remote turn on wire from the deck... meaning the stock deck is not capable of turning a seperate amplifier (or bass tube) on and off... you'll need your own switch

If you go with an Infinity BassLink, and use the high level inputs (which you'll have to do) the BassLink turns itself on and off by sensing the audio signal... makes life easy!
Old 05-12-2003, 01:29 PM
AadosX

Small chance the bass tube may do the same thing? Yeh I figured there was no power antenna... I didn't have one either, so I just did a switch. There are other alternatives... one of the best being the acc. wire that goes to the back of the head unit, or the 12V wire going to your sig. adapter.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally posted by MartL
Watch HOT chicks getting ****ed hard on videos and on webcams with sound now! Enjoy: http://www.incredibleoffer.tv/fsw/2/
do u get satisfaction from spamming the boards.... goodbye