Notices

h&r springs or max speed coil-over sleeves?

Old 05-10-2003, 12:41 AM
99accord
www.poksquid.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h&r springs or max speed coil-over sleeves?

i have a choice between h&r springs and max speed coil-over sleeves... which of these should i get? if i go with the max speed i have adjustability but it's not really a "name brand" so i don't know if i'll suffer performance wise...

i can get either set for $175.00. is that a good price?

what shock should it be mated with?
Old 05-10-2003, 06:41 AM
jschmid

I'd go with H&R's over an offbrand like that. A lot of people go cheap, then end up replacing them later. The only adjustable sleeves I think would be worth it would be Ground Controls, and I still chose H&R over them. Mine are mated with Koni Yellow's. Depending on how much you want to spend on shocks, if you want adjustability, you could buy TEIN's which are adjustable in height and damping. They run about $850-900 from what I've seen. So if you pay $200 for springs and $600 for shocks...you are about there.

I don't have much need for adjustment, and I already had the H&R's, so I just got the Koni Yellows for $570 shipped. If you end up going that route, let me know. I can let you know where I got mine and who to talk to.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:53 AM
AccordManiac
Korean Member

H&R..
Old 05-10-2003, 10:02 AM
bumski667
Proud Family Sedan

don't go maxspeeds, you'll regret it....rides like crap....i would go H&R, and if you do go coils, go ground controls....but yea...dont' get cheap coils like me...sucky sucky....
Old 05-10-2003, 12:01 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

H&R

MaxSpeed suxorz
Old 05-10-2003, 11:46 PM
99accord
www.poksquid.com

i guess i'll go with the h&r's then... thanks a lot guys....
Old 05-11-2003, 11:37 AM
Dracord

Originally posted by jschmid
I'd go with H&R's over an offbrand like that. A lot of people go cheap, then end up replacing them later. The only adjustable sleeves I think would be worth it would be Ground Controls, and I still chose H&R over them. Mine are mated with Koni Yellow's. Depending on how much you want to spend on shocks, if you want adjustability, you could buy TEIN's which are adjustable in height and damping. They run about $850-900 from what I've seen. So if you pay $200 for springs and $600 for shocks...you are about there.

I don't have much need for adjustment, and I already had the H&R's, so I just got the Koni Yellows for $570 shipped. If you end up going that route, let me know. I can let you know where I got mine and who to talk to.

teins are the shit :thumbup: