Notices

I am officially a carbon fiber whore thanks to this board

Old 05-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Conquest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am officially a carbon fiber whore thanks to this board

All this talk about CF this CF that has made me see the light. I've been on a rampage finding CF things for my 90 Coupe, was gonna ask if the black strips on the doors exist in CF? I think if you leave those strips on, which I plan on doing to match the rest of the black (CF) things I'm gonna put on the car, it should be CF if possible. So far I found M3 CF Mirrors, Dash Trim, Caps, Shifters, and a few other things. Im now looking for a hood and obviously those strips if they exist since i mentioned them. If anyone can help me out let me know, thanks in advance.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:22 PM
dantastic
cx power!

dont forget carbon fiber strut bars, carbon fiber seat covers, c/f muffler, c/f alarm remote, c/f spoiler :chuckles:

u can use c/f to make anything. its just like fiberglass
Old 05-07-2003, 07:35 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Originally posted by dantastic
dont forget carbon fiber strut bars, carbon fiber seat covers, c/f muffler, c/f alarm remote, c/f spoiler :chuckles:

u can use c/f to make anything. its just like fiberglass
One fast way to heaven if an Accident does happen I guy I know (named Chris) injured pretty bad - almost paralized - hitting his Teg. to a 93 Civic, the civic got VERY MINOR damage, the driver is okay, but Chris' tezzi is toasted and he injured pretty bad. He put a lot of money of making most parts out of Fiberglass. His car sure look good, lightweighted and very fast, won a lot of awards, but definitely a ZERO rated on safety
Old 05-07-2003, 08:40 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

the point of CF is to make existing parts lighter. the second you pop on CF parts for "looks", you've gone rice.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:49 PM
ZigenBallz
p/t slacker

Originally posted by PoohBoi
One fast way to heaven if an Accident does happen I guy I know (named Chris) injured pretty bad - almost paralized - hitting his Teg. to a 93 Civic, the civic got VERY MINOR damage, the driver is okay, but Chris' tezzi is toasted and he injured pretty bad. He put a lot of money of making most parts out of Fiberglass. His car sure look good, lightweighted and very fast, won a lot of awards, but definitely a ZERO rated on safety
That's the first time that I've heard CF isn't safe. Don't tell the military or Formula 1 drivers....

But honestly what do you expect on a streetcar with some BUDGET CF parts? that's the downfall of "just for looks carbon fiber"... indycars and some production cars use carbon fiber shells and bodyparts... It is lighter and stronger than steel if you put some research into the design.
Realistically though....would metal panels on your friends teg have faired any better? Just because he had more damage than the other car doesn't mean sh*t...

Some of the parts you want in CF aren't production pieces and would have to be custom made...but if you really want to get addicted to CF go check out HondaTech...buncha gunmetal/Carbon Fiber Whores over there...
Old 05-07-2003, 09:09 PM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

Originally posted by Eklypse39
the point of CF is to make existing parts lighter. the second you pop on CF parts for "looks", you've gone rice.
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-07-2003, 09:11 PM
b_dyche
owned by a 9 car pile-up

Originally posted by ZigenBallz
That's the first time that I've heard CF isn't safe. Don't tell the military or Formula 1 drivers....

But honestly what do you expect on a streetcar with some BUDGET CF parts? that's the downfall of "just for looks carbon fiber"... indycars and some production cars use carbon fiber shells and bodyparts... It is lighter and stronger than steel if you put some research into the design.
Realistically though....would metal panels on your friends teg have faired any better? Just because he had more damage than the other car doesn't mean sh*t...

Some of the parts you want in CF aren't production pieces and would have to be custom made...but if you really want to get addicted to CF go check out HondaTech...buncha gunmetal/Carbon Fiber Whores over there...

he said Fiberglass... not CF

:doh:
Old 05-07-2003, 09:42 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Originally posted by b_dyche

glad that someone actually read the whole thing.

Anyways, ZigenBallz, you said it yourself that "It is lighter and stronger than steel if you put some research into the design. " But it's not an easy job for a normal person, that's why those cars build out of those materials are EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:05 PM
ZigenBallz
p/t slacker

Originally posted by b_dyche

Well, don't I feel like a freaking idiot now....ummmmmm, yeah.:doh:

Sorry man. My bad....
Old 05-08-2003, 08:09 AM
AadosX

This is why when older Corvettes got into accidents they were demolished... they used to have a lot of fiberglass on them.