Notices

V6 Sedan aftermarket

Old 05-07-2003, 06:14 PM
stoccord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V6 Sedan aftermarket

OK, I'm a newbie... I'm looking around for motor and exhaust mods for my 2001 V6 Sedan. I see tons of info out there for 4 cyl and Coupes. Does anyone have a link to sources of parts for my car? And what is the difference of a coupe vs. sedan for exhaust, suspension kits, etc. If stuff fits on the V6 Coupe, wouldn't it fit the sedn? I know the body panels and light housings can be different but what about the rest?
Old 05-07-2003, 08:10 PM
jschmid

Welcome to the board.

I don't think there is a big difference in availiblity of aftermarket parts with 6th gen I4's and V6's.

Motor: If you want to go all out, Comptech makes a supercharger for the V6 that isn't availible for the I4.

Exhaust: There are headers, cats, cat-back systems, etc.

Maybe if you are more specific about what parts you are looking at, you'll get some answers.

And about the light housings...the headlights are the same on all 6th gen accords....coupes, sedans, V6, I4, doesn't matter. Suspension components like springs and shocks are the same for coupe and sedan. I think some manufacturs use a heavier front spring to compensate for the added motor weight of the V6.

Comptech is one company (and a reputable one at that) that pretty much only offers stuff for the V6 Accords. Headers, exhaust, etc. http://www.comptechusa.com/

I'm not sure of all the differences in the V6 and I4 parts, but most are the same. I know the exhaust systems for the coupe are shorter than the sedan's.

Hope that helps a little.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:58 AM
kid018
In the depths of my mind

Welcome to the Board!!!!

Here goes.....

As far as what has already been said....there isn't much. There are a lot of modifcations available for the I4 and some for the v6.
I know that AEM makes a few things for the accord v6. CAI or Short Ram intakes are available from AEM as well as pulleys. Comptech has come out with a supercharger but it's quite expensive. Comptech also makes a header for the v6. NGK wires and i think, MSD makes an ignition kit...i'm not positive. Tanabe, Greddy and a few others also make exhaust systems. I personally have a Greddy Evo exhaust and it's great. Really low 'growls' on low rpms and barely noticable beyond 2.5-3+. As for suspension, TEIN makes an excellent spring/strut combo. A bit pricey but it's TEIN. There are other companies that make coilovers for our cars. I, personally, have a Weapon R coilover system with Tokico Illumia 5 pt Adjustable struts. Neuspeed makes an upper front mount strut bar. I have heard that you can switch out the Acura TL rear sway bar and put that into the accord Sedan but i've never tried it.
there are a lot of other things youcould do to the accord but i'm too lazy and tired to name all of it.....but here is another quick list:

-red/clear tails but with the 2001, you really don't need it
-upgrade tranny fluid...there is a DIY somewhere but i'm too lazy to look
-Change all the interior/dash lights to blue LEDs...yet another DIY so look for it
-Indigo face guages
-Razo quick-shift knob...i have one
-Razo brake/gas pedals (i have the carbon fiber set....:thumbup: )
-window tint

Good luck and if you have any questinos....come back and we'll answer them....Happy modding
Old 05-08-2003, 08:34 AM
stoccord

Thanks to both of you guys. I've seen stuff on Comptech and AEM. I'll dif into it deeper as I go. First things first, audio upgrade!
Old 05-08-2003, 08:38 AM
AcuraFanatic

Comptech's supercharger is expensive when all is considered...you need the provided transmission upgrade to handle the boost and when all is said and done, you're looking at close to $5000 worth of parts and labor.

Your result would be 230HP, 10 less than the 2003 Accord V-6. You have a 2001 V-6, for that $5000 loss you could get a new Accord.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:03 AM
stoccord

I'd also need that 5 grand to pay to have my nuts put back on after my wife tore them off.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:21 PM
jschmid

Originally posted by stoccord
I'd also need that 5 grand to pay to have my nuts put back on after my wife tore them off.
:rofl: Best response ever.