Notices

coilover suggestions pls!!

Old 04-12-2003, 09:16 AM
bacid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coilover suggestions pls!!

OK,
I really want to drop my accord and it seems the eibach sportlines don't give an even drop (rear higher than back).. which is pretty ghetto.

soooo, i have decided to get coilovers.

Now from what I can see ground controls will run me up to a bit over $600 including quality shocks, so for a few hundred more I could get "real" coilovers instead of just sleeves.

Can those with tein/apex/etc.. real coilovers pls share experiences/pricing so that I can decide which to go with?

THanks!!
Old 04-12-2003, 11:54 AM
AccordCutie

I have Teins on my ride. With the SS model, I seen as cheap as $850 in a groupbuy, but my bf got mine for me for $900 at a groupbuy about a year ago.

It can have a stock-like ride if you set it just right, but I like to ride a little stiffer. Adjusting the height is easy also.

I heard the Apexi WS is just as good as stock ride, and it's cheaper price. But the difference is that it doesn't have the dampening adjustibility. Really...if you really don't need the dampening adjustibility and want to save a little, I would go with the WS coilovers.
Old 04-12-2003, 12:46 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

I'm not too fond of the "sleeve" coilovers because of the fact that some of the perches are just made out of plastic. I think one of the most affordable coilovers out there are by Tokico. I've seen them as low as 799 for a full set and that has adjustable dampening.

Also, just like Accordcutie said, there are groupbuys going on right now for the Tein SS and the new Basic coilover systems.
The difference between the SS and the Basic is that the SS has adjustable dampening while the Basic is just a height adjustable spring on a shock.