Notices

Does cold air intake void warranty?

Old 04-11-2003, 01:13 PM
03accordcoupe
^New car...2003 BMW 330ci

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does cold air intake void warranty?

If I get a cold air intake will it void my Honda warranty?
Old 04-11-2003, 02:02 PM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

if something happens to your motor or tranny some dealers like to blame it on an intake. it would void a warrantee on the intake system or if you got hydrolocked (if you don't splash through large puddles or cross flooded roadways you should be fine).

best thing to do is put it back to stock if you suspect something is wrong with the car.
Old 04-11-2003, 02:15 PM
ur31337
Colby

If a bolt-on part causes the problem, it will not be covered by warranty. Otherwise, it will not affect it at all.

My dealer encourages modifications
Old 04-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Tirod

Originally posted by ur31337
If a bolt-on part causes the problem, it will not be covered by warranty. Otherwise, it will not affect it at all.

My dealer encourages modifications
:werd:

we sell new jeeps with aftermarkets lifts
Old 04-11-2003, 04:28 PM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

just buy the stuff and wait till the warrenty is over. My friend has had a full year bumper to bumper warrenty on his spec-v and it just eneded, but he still has a warrenty that just covers the internals of the car.
Old 04-11-2003, 04:46 PM
03accordcoupe
^New car...2003 BMW 330ci

Might not even have the car that long though lol...3 years is a bit long to wait, I'll probably get another car in that time. I'll call my dealership and see what they say.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:04 PM
dantastic
cx power!

Originally posted by 03accordcoupe
Might not even have the car that long though lol...3 years is a bit long to wait, I'll probably get another car in that time. I'll call my dealership and see what they say.
most dealerships are asses and will tell you that any modification will void your warranty. unless the mod caused the failure, it cant void your warranty

**edit**
btw, ive had cai, headers, exhaust, springs and shocks and my car has had quite a few things fixed under warranty, most notably my cv boots (even tho they proabably wore out faster since mycar was lowered
Old 04-11-2003, 07:41 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

A CAI is the most cost effective and safest way to increase performance. I've had one on my 2000 Prelude since it was new (well, 2 weeks old) and haven't had a problem with the car. Combined with a K&N filter it is as safe if not safer for your engine, considering K&N filters do a much better job of filtering than a conventional paper filter. At the same time, you let your engine breathe the way it is designed to. So you are not forcing anything into the engine, you are just letting it do its thing. As for voiding the warranty, there are federal and state laws which govern what a dealer can void and what they can't. In a nutshell, you can mod your car all you want and the warranty can't be voided unless the problem can be proven that it was caused by your mod and only by your mod. So, if you put a turbo, increase compression, and install a nitrous kit, then you have your car towed to your dealer because you broke a connecting rod, sure as hell they will void the warranty. But unless you drive through a 3 foot puddle and they can prove in a court of law that water got through the intake manifold (very unlikely since CAIs angle down), no need to worry about it.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:53 PM
92lx

K&Ns don't filter better than paper filters, as far as I recall anyhow, however, they flow a ton better, and filter JUST ABOUT as good. Anyhow, my dealer here has a performance section of their mantinance department, and they sell pre-modified Honda Civic Si's down there too *shrug*

I think they all come iwth short rams however.
Old 04-11-2003, 09:50 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Originally posted by 92lx
K&Ns don't filter better than paper filters, as far as I recall anyhow, however, they flow a ton better, and filter JUST ABOUT as good.
I won't start an arguement, but K&Ns are proven to filter much better than a standard paper filter while providing much better air flow. There was a study done about ten years ago by an independant research team to prove K&Ns claims and their value. This was totally unbiased and independant, and it proved that not only do the filters provide the advertised volume of flow, they can filter particles 100 times smaller than any paper filter. I looked into it when I bought my car. My uncle has been a mechanic for 35 years, and he has one on all of his own cars. He's the one who showed me this report. Trust me, this filter is good enough to use at the Intel Pentium assembly plant.