Notices

I have some MagnaFlow sound clips

Old 04-11-2003, 07:29 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have some MagnaFlow sound clips

And I'll share them, but I want to hear from peeps who have this kind of muffler on thier car. What's ur setup? axle back, cat back, w/resonator, w/o resonator. How does it sound? I currently have a Hayame Type 7 muffler mated to 2.25" mandrel bent piping w/2 resonators(yes, two) and the silencer installed. That's the only way I can live with the sound. If I take out the silencer, it'll be a little loud for me, it doesn't sound stupid or ricey, just loud. It gives out a nice deep tone. Anyways, once I had the second silencer installed, I could tell a drop off in performance, so I want to get rid of the extra silencer and get a more low profile muffler, prolly one w/dual tips, not sure yet, but I want something that sounds sporty, looks good, and gives decent gains and MagnaFlow was my first choice but I seen and heard the hayame on a car and I loved it, but it's alot louder on my car and I can't deal with it. The muffler is maybe 2 months old, I'll let it go for $100 obo, I paid a little over $200 for it.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:18 AM
AadosX

I have a Magnaflow Race series muffler. Cat back set up with 2.25 inch piping and no resonators. I am about to get a header, cai, and a performance 2.25" Carsound Cat. It is already the loudest exhaust of anyone anywhere near me, and a lot off ppl have exhaust... It's about to be deafining. All I can say is... Magnaflow Race series is too loud for you bro, sorry... and the Street series prolly is too. If you want I can take some sound clips I guess... but they don't really give a good judgement IMO.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:23 AM
AcuraFanatic

So share 'em already. :squint:
Old 04-11-2003, 05:05 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by AadosX
I have a Magnaflow Race series muffler. Cat back set up with 2.25 inch piping and no resonators. I am about to get a header, cai, and a performance 2.25" Carsound Cat. It is already the loudest exhaust of anyone anywhere near me, and a lot off ppl have exhaust... It's about to be deafining. All I can say is... Magnaflow Race series is too loud for you bro, sorry... and the Street series prolly is too. If you want I can take some sound clips I guess... but they don't really give a good judgement IMO.
hmm. the sound clip I heard of a RSX w/magnaflow catback sounded nice, not too loud, but noticeable. ur is so loud cause u don't have a resonator.

Originally posted by AcuraFanatic
So share 'em already. :squint:
sheesh, I just got home mang but here you go http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/import.htm

im suprised nobody checked their site
Old 04-11-2003, 11:39 PM
AadosX

Why have a resonator? That just decreases HP... get a quieter exhaust if you want quiet... like an apexi WS.
Old 04-12-2003, 08:02 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by AadosX
Why have a resonator? That just decreases HP... get a quieter exhaust if you want quiet... like an apexi WS.
sound does not equal hp, sorry bro I seriously doubt you'd be able to tell the difference between a catback w/resonator and one w/o. The only difference would be sound, excuse me, the only NOTICEABLE difference would be the sound. I think im just gonna get what I should have gotten in the first place, a MagnaFlow muffler, I have heard that w/resonator, they are pretty quiet. I already have a resonator, hell, I have two of em, anybody need one? I'll let one go for $25 plus shipping.
Old 04-12-2003, 11:28 AM
RY2K
5 speed

that kind of resonator is is
what size is the inlet/outlet diameters
Old 04-12-2003, 11:45 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by RY2K
that kind of resonator is is
what size is the inlet/outlet diameters
what one you interested in? both have inlets/outlets that are 2.25" one is a glasspack other one just said "turbo" on the box:dunno:
Old 04-12-2003, 05:35 PM
AcuraFanatic

Sound clips are nice. The Volkswagen GTI sounds good, although Volkswagen blows. The RSX sounds good too, but the Miata does just so-so.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:42 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by AcuraFanatic
Sound clips are nice. The Volkswagen GTI sounds good, although Volkswagen blows. The RSX sounds good too, but the Miata does just so-so.
hear how the gti and rsx shift near perfectly? and the miata doesn't shift so good, that's how my shifts areh: I like the gti exhaust the best, wish mine would sound like that.