Notices

serious accord help

Old 04-09-2003, 06:19 PM
Phat8186

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default serious accord help

Ok here is my prob i think i may have a vac leak. Is there any way that i can check that myself without taking it to a shop. Also what lines in the car are vacum lines can i change them myself. Here is the way it goes. Whenever i rev the engine while still as the RPMs come down the engine surgs like crazy as if it was to shut off or it was to fight to stay on. also when ever i accelerate on the gas pedal not even 1/4 of the way down it makes a werid suking noise and no its not the intake check that already.
Another thing i know already i have an exhaust leak can that be a major part of my probs with the car surging. please help me this all started to happen when i got it back from the honda dealership. I think that they pulled a number on me. When i called to complain they said that they will do nothing about it. i need you guys to help me out here. some thoughts and opioins would be greatly appreciate.

One more thing i fuc#*&g the Honda Dealership they screwed me
Old 04-09-2003, 06:33 PM
teamlegacy

Run your car at idle for a few minutes. Take some brake cleaner, I would imagine WD40 would do the same. And spray it on your vaccuum lines. AVOID ELECTRICAL OR INTAKE PARTS! Your car should surge once you hit the leak. Used that trick a few times, it works! Just be careful where you spray, and don't spray like an inch away. Good luck, keep me posted.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Phat8186

i dont know where my vacum lines are. how many vacum lines are there. I am kinda lost and if i use wd40 what do you mean dont spray like an inch away. I appreciate the advice you have given me too good look man
Old 04-10-2003, 06:55 AM
teamlegacy

Vaccuum lines are mostly the black, "rubber" hoses that connect one thing to another. Intake Manifold to Valve cover for example. Just stand at the front of the car, and spray the WD40 onto the black hoses you see.