Notices

HELP! Problem starting '97 LX - blinking & clicking!

Old 04-04-2003, 03:22 AM
etrinity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Problem starting '97 LX - blinking & clicking!

I've had my girlfriend's '97 Accord LX in my driveway while she's been out of the country. Now I can't seem to start it up. I've had the battery recharged, and all I get when I turn the ignition is the dash lights blinking on and off as well as the exterior hazard lights (even though the hazard light switch is not turned on). I also hear the turn signal clicking sound even though the turn signal is obviously not activated.
I get this phenomena also when I reconnected the battery after recharging it. Not being very familliar with Hondas, can anyone tell me what's going on and exactly what to do? And if it needs repair, how much would it cost?
Old 04-04-2003, 07:20 AM
dantastic
cx power!

how did u charge the battery? are u sure the voltage is correct? you didnt reverse the polarity did u? why didnt u just jumpstart it?
Old 04-04-2003, 11:40 AM
etrinity

I can't jumpstart it because it's deep in the driveway and I can't get another vehicle to the front of the car. I too was out of the country (to visit her ) and when I came back there was absolutely no power in the vehicle.

Now there is power (the radio works, the lights are bright, etc. But it keeps "blinking and clicking."