Notices

Tinting bumper lenses

Old 04-03-2003, 09:14 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tinting bumper lenses

Could I tint the outside of the lens? I don't want to take the chance of trying to open them up and crack them, I'd like to just spray the outside and call it a day.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:37 PM
AcCoRd97Lx
Jordan ModaratOr

spray or use wal*mart tint...opening em' up maybe be hard but u can try!
Old 04-03-2003, 11:18 PM
AadosX

Yeh I'm thinking of opening them too. Who knows, I personally don't know if just tinting them would look good IMO. I like the look of black housing headlights much more than "tinted" ones.
Old 04-04-2003, 12:18 AM
AcCoRd97Lx
Jordan ModaratOr

amber bumpers look good too...
Old 04-04-2003, 06:12 AM
jsinger
IH8S810

Originally posted by AadosX
Yeh I'm thinking of opening them too. Who knows, I personally don't know if just tinting them would look good IMO. I like the look of black housing headlights much more than "tinted" ones.
:werd:
Old 04-04-2003, 06:38 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by AcCoRd97Lx
spray or use wal*mart tint...opening em' up maybe be hard but u can try!
I know it'll be hard, that's why I asked if it would be alright to spray the tint on the outside of the lens.

Originally posted by AadosX
Im not gonna tint my headlights bro, the title says "bumper lenses" Im wondering if it will be cool to spray the tint on the outside of them, I don't want to open them up cause they are brittle and I don't want to risk cracking them.

Originally posted by AcCoRd97Lx
amber bumpers look good too...
No they don't

Originally posted by jsinger

:werd:
see my response to AsdosX
Old 04-04-2003, 07:28 AM
nd4speedm1
Currently Riding his BIKE

since we are talking about bumper lenses hehe ....im thinking about putting my amber ones back in when i finish black housing my headlights....my bumper ones are kinda dull...is there any kind of plastic polish?? or could i spray them with a clear coat?? polish would be better casue i wanna polish the headlight too....
Old 04-04-2003, 08:14 AM
AadosX

Novus Plastic Polish dude, comes in 3 stages... from what your saying you could most likely get away with just Stage 1... it shines it up nice... stage 2 is for a deep hazyness or very shallow scratches... stage 3 is for deep chips and scratches... and I don't even know if the plastic on blinkers would be strong enough for stage 3. Look on ebay for it... search for "novus plastic" or "novus polish"... something like that. I bought it for my headlights and am going to use stage 2 and 1... and if I have to I may use stage 3. I have heard really good things about it and if you want I'll let you know how it goes. Here's the link to what I bought... I figured 2 ounces would be plenty for just this small project. And it's rather cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...311468872&rd=1

VRGNCD5: I know what you said... I'm not saying you are going to tint your headlights... I was just using it as a comparison. I don't like how tinted headlights look, so I doubt I would like how tinted bumper lights look. I'm not a fan of tinted lights... I like black housing lights. So I said, I would much rather have a pair of black housing bumper lights, rather than tinted ones. But yes I have heard the Wal-Mart stick on tint works fine and wont chip. IMO the spray would chip a lot, and I think cryogen said he tried the spray and that it did in fact chip. I just don't like it personally. I'd rather have amber than that. BTW, why not just try, and if you crack them, either go with amber, or buy a new set of euros, they are only like $25 shipped or so... If I decide that I don't like how the euro looks with my JDM headlights and corners, I am going to put amber back on, and use the old euros to try to blacken them. If I mess up then o well, and if it works the it'll be sweet. I'm gonna use a dremel and cut along the line where they are GLUED together... why couldn't they just be like headights. I'll then just glue em back together. We will see I guess.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:28 AM
nd4speedm1
Currently Riding his BIKE

oooo thanks....yeah def tell us how it come out before and after if not too late
Old 04-29-2003, 08:44 AM
AadosX

So does anyone have pics of the bumper lights tinted? I want to do something. I would take 'em apart if I had an extra pair just incase... hmmm hehe... might just pick up a pair.