Notices

5th gen bumper removal

Old 04-02-2003, 10:43 PM
nd4speedm1
Currently Riding his BIKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5th gen bumper removal

im planing on doing the black housing to my headlights i have pretty much seen alot of pictures and know how to do them...all i need to know is how do i remove the front bumper?? pictures wanted thanks alot:driving:
Old 04-02-2003, 10:49 PM
nd4speedm1

ahhh crap i should have done a search...sorry haha and also i just relized i have the hanes manual :doh:

sorry
Old 04-02-2003, 10:51 PM
bonestock

http://www.andrews.edu/~johnsonm/how...ckhousing.html
Old 04-03-2003, 07:42 AM
AadosX

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...jdm+headlights

.................................................. .....................................

-I used Duck Tape Brand, blue colored masking tape... it's supposed to be less sticky that other things, I'm pretty sure that 3M makes an equivalent product.
-I used DupliColor "Low Gloss Black" 500 degree paint from AutoZone.
-I baked them in the oven... 350 degrees for 4 Minutes, pry as much as you can, then you might have to put them back in for another 2 Minutes, then pry them apart. Worked great. Oh, and put them on a baking sheet. I did one light at a time, and used a thin flat head screwdriver to pry with.

As for the bumper... FINALLY!!!!!!! HERE is THE REAL way to do it.

1) Take out your lower bumper turn signal lights.
2) Take out one screw on each side in your wheel well, it is located about 3/4 of the way up if you follow the edge near the front of the car. It is a phillips head screw with a washer on it. It looks different than all of the other screws in the wheel well... metal screw, not a plastic pop in one.
3) Take out all the screws along the lower lip of the car. You may not have to take them all out, but I know you have to take the ones on the side of the car out, and better safe than sorry. Only takes 2 minutes to take them all out... (8mm or 10mm bolts)
4) Take out the two bolts that are behind each of the lights, (two bolts on each side... either 10mm or 12mm bolts, goldish colored), this is easiest if you have two 3 inch extensions for your socket wrench.

Good Luck!
Old 04-03-2003, 07:44 AM
nd4speedm1

hehe ya i saw that.....def helps plus i got the hanes manual....been in the basement for about a year now....no $ to do anything latley...but now i got some time to start again....thanks for ur help....tutorial for the black housing helped
Old 04-03-2003, 08:07 AM
AadosX

glad I could help.

before I did mine, about a week ago, I saw so many different ways, I was so confused. that way works perfectly though.

Just make sure you put plenty of paint on the headlights. It can look like they are black, but if you look really closely you can still see a little silver sparkle on mine in some places. You can't notice it unless you get right next to them and look for it though, in direct sunlight at that.