Notices

Black Swirl Mark

Old 04-01-2003, 02:01 PM
toneloc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Swirl Mark

I have tons of swirl mark on my black accord. Anyone knows which product can get rid of those annoying marks. Please help
Old 04-01-2003, 02:26 PM
dt49396

We always used a product called liquid ebony in the body shop with a black foam pad on a buffer, but its pretty hard to find. 3M also makes a swirl mark remover. These products will take out swirl marks, but its best no to put them there in the first place, in the future use a less gritty compound.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:29 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

i have the same problem. my paint looks like ass. :wtc:
Old 04-01-2003, 03:43 PM
teamlegacy

Your paint doesn't compare to mine...Actually, mines not THAT bad. I think Meguiar's makes a swirl remover. Wait, they make everything.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:52 PM
MasterChris
Banned

Well start with Meguiars Fine Cut which is stronger then the Meguiars Swirl Remover 2.0. (able to apply by hand but is weak compared the fine,medium, and heavy cut)

If the Fine Cut doesn't work move up to Meguiars Medium Cut, and if that still doesn't work move up to heavy cut. You will need a polisher/buffer to apply the Fine, Medium, and Heavy. You may even need to use a wools pad which is for extremely bad paint damage ie swirl marks and even scratches.

If your in the So Cal area I don't mind showing you how to work the stuff since I have most if not all the accessories. I detail all 4 cars at home myself.

Alot of the swirl marks is caused by the same foam pad you use to wash your car. Do everything to keep the foam pad clean. If its dirty replace it.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:55 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

yea i use The Absorber to dry my car. its old and dirty and needs to be washed h:
Old 04-01-2003, 03:59 PM
MasterChris
Banned

Originally posted by aux
yea i use The Absorber to dry my car. its old and dirty and needs to be washed h:
Actually that is the other cause. Dirty foam pad to wash or dirty towel or chami. Swirl makes are caused by micro dirty trapped between the paint and the pad or towel. And when you dry or wash in circle your just scratching the clear coat causing swirl marks.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:15 PM
94AccordSedanEX

To all with swirls:
Buffer's really help a lot when removing them. By hand is a big big pain in the ass. A clean surface helps a lot, so claybarring isn't a bad idea after you wash the car. Once clayed (if the surface is smooth, just skip claying), use a product like this; 3M Swirl Mark Remover, Meguiars # 9, 3M Finish Restore, Meguiars Dual Action Polish Cleaner. All these products work awesome by buffer. By hand they're really tough to use. Once done using them, a glaze like 3M Imperial Hand Glaze or Meguiars # 7 Show Car Glaze will help shine up the car even more. Followed by a coat of a sealant wax, or caranuba (Highly reccomend S100 (or P21S), Clearkote Moose Wax, Souveran Paste or Liquid, Meguiars # 26 Liquid Wax). All are good Caranuba's.

This should be in the Appearance forum.
Old 04-01-2003, 05:15 PM
Mr Hyde
Accord Forum Moderator

Tsrip the car down and go at it with 3M Swirl Mark Remover for Dark Cars. If that doesnt work, move up to something more abrasive.

Dont use foam sponges or pads to clean your car, use chenille wash mitts which have a nice depth to them to keep the dirt away from the paint. Also what do you use to dry the car? Try using Microfiber to get off whatever is left after letting water sheet off the car.

Before drying remove the nozel off teh hose, and let water flow smoothly onto the paint, it will sheet off making drying that much easier.

Ounce of prevention..............

The TL-S / The 540i
Old 04-01-2003, 10:19 PM
AccordManiac
Korean Member

Try... S100 Cleanser. (Harley Davison Motorcycle store)