Notices

Passenger Side Mirror HIT, Where to buy a cheap replacement and how to install?

Old 03-28-2003, 12:26 AM
MitzEclipse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Side Mirror HIT, Where to buy a cheap replacement and how to install?

Hi All,

The passenger side power mirror on my 1995 Acura Integra Special Edition got hit while it was parked on the side of the road. I could not find the mirror anywhere on the street and luckily there was no other damage to the car.

Two questions:

1) Where can I buy a cheap replacement, hopefully in the GREEN color? I've checked eBay but didn't see any passenger side mirrors. I will call junk yards tomorrow, but in the past they haven't been that 'cheap'.

2) Are these things easy to install? It looks like the mirror was just hit from another car's drivers side side mirror - the wires for the power mirrors are exposed. Are they splicable? How do you mount the rear view mirror - must the door be taken off? Are there any special tools involved?

Your suggestions are appreciated. If anyone knows of a good place to buy the part and get the labor done in Seattle, I'd love to hear those suggestions as well.

I can be contacted via email as well: mitzeclipse@hotmail.com Your help is extremely welcomed.

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2003, 07:09 AM
90'RS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It should be relatively easy to install once you get the door panel off. I suggest looking at the local junk yards to see if they have any but the chances of getting one that is the same color is not likely at all but you could paint it or get it painted.