Notices

proper way to use meguires quick detailer?

Old 03-25-2003, 01:05 PM
drdavidge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default proper way to use meguires quick detailer?

hey, quick question. i have a black teg and EVERYTHING shows up on it, so i am gonna start to use the meguires quick detailer more often (with summer comming around)....so i started using it one day and this is what i have: a bunch of new white cotton terry cloth towels..and the absorber. what i have been doing is spraying the quick detailer, smearing it quick with the cotton towel, and then wiping it off (back and forth a few times) with the absorber. the cotton towels leave a lot of lint, but the absorber takes care of it, but its still kind of annoying. maybe im using the wrong kinda towels or soemthing, but how SHOULD i be doing this, exactly...step by step? and also it seems to take me a long time to do it..how long should it take? sometimes, i guess i dont wipe it of fgood enough, but it leaves a whiteish nasty lookin residu, but again, i think thats from not wiping it off before it dried. thanks guys.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:03 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

I use a California Car Duster to wipe off dust and light rain spots. I do have some quick detailer, but I haven't used it thus far this year.....
Old 03-25-2003, 04:04 PM
crash

wash car with dawn,then put some good wax on there-takes me like 2 hours to do right.
then use the car duster
Old 03-25-2003, 04:29 PM
90'RS

Originally posted by crash
wash car with dawn,then put some good wax on there-takes me like 2 hours to do right.
then use the car duster
You should never use dish detergent on your car :slap:

As for using the quick detailer you should spray a mist on then wipe with a towel and then buff it out with a clean towel or a different part of the same towel. I use this stuff and can do the whole car in about 20 minutes. I do it this same way and it comes out looking great.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:49 PM
ambition
StillDPG

DIRECTIONS ARE ON THE BOTTLE!
Old 03-25-2003, 09:02 PM
crash

Originally posted by 90'RS
You should never use dish detergent on your car :slap:

As for using the quick detailer you should spray a mist on then wipe with a towel and then buff it out with a clean towel or a different part of the same towel. I use this stuff and can do the whole car in about 20 minutes. I do it this same way and it comes out looking great.
you don't use dawn on your car because it strips the wax.
now does my post make sense to you?
Old 03-25-2003, 09:45 PM
HecticRhythms

Quick Detailer is what I always use after I wash my car....works Great.. I just spray and wipe clean
Old 03-26-2003, 07:00 PM
drdavidge

thanks for the tips guys, keep them comming.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:12 PM
Cliffgump
I get custom user text?

microfibre cloths are awesome, will pick up all dust and dirt, great for buffing. I hate that quick detailer stuff, it's almost easier to just wax the car. Just buff it after a good wash
Old 03-26-2003, 07:50 PM
pomansouth

the reason why you would strip the wax once a year is to get all of the stuff off of your paint that you have missed and waxed over through out the year. so you can use dawn everyonce in a while or atleast i do and i only do it when i have a whole free day to myself and my car so that i can wax it back up right.