Notices

k guys, wheres the fuel pump relay...

Old 03-24-2003, 07:22 PM
91integrals
u r teh sux!!1!111!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k guys, wheres the fuel pump relay...

read other posts using search on this, having a problem starting sometimes, today was warmest day in several months and it took me almost an hour to get my car started, and the posts i read said fuel filter or fuel relay, i am assuming relay, as it is not telling my pump to work all the time...

I took apart the bottom dash panel(3 screws) looked around, saw tons of thingies, saw something that had a wiring harness hooked up to the bottom of it, had the name brand DENSO on it, not sure if thats it or not, also took apart the black part along the bottom of the steering column, dont know if its in there or not, im not too sure what this fuel relay sucker looks like, anyone help me out please?

TY in advance
Old 03-24-2003, 08:57 PM
g2tegls
MR, ftw

It's a little brown box hanging under the drivers side dash with a wire coming out of it. I think the bolt holding it on is also holding another small black box. It's about 1x2x3 or so. Pretty small. Easy to replace. Once you have the new one and know what it looks like it's easy to spot. HTH a little.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:04 AM
91integrals
u r teh sux!!1!111!

well, cant get just new part, yanking it offa a junked teg that i know ran well

but i am sure i can find it now, i hope, and i hope thats whats wrong with my car..
Old 03-25-2003, 03:19 PM
g2tegls
MR, ftw

yeah I would just get a new one they're like $42 but guaranteed to work, unlike a used one. BTW, here's a pic of it.