Notices

which are better: tokico illumina or kyb agx shocks?

Old 03-21-2003, 03:33 AM
drdavidge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which are better: tokico illumina or kyb agx shocks?

which are better? why are the tokico's signifigantly higher priced? i used to have the kyb agx's on my accord and they seemed like they did the job well, but i have nothing to compare them to. if the ywere the same price, which one would you get? are the tokico's woth the extra $100 or so ?
Old 03-21-2003, 05:39 AM
stevieteg

I have the tokico's and i love them. They are very easy to adjust. I got my for $450 and it was worth every penny.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:34 PM
ITRraceR

I got kyb agx and i love them too anyway it's a metter of personal opinion i guess, tokico use to be better but right now kyb is up there with koni and tokico. For the price you pay for it, kyb is just prefect. I got mine for $600 cnd so about 350-400 US.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:51 PM
drdavidge

basically the thing is that i can get the kyb's and the tokico's for the same price and i just wanted to know what makes the tokico's more money?
Old 03-22-2003, 11:47 AM
crucial Si
Banned

i love my agx.
Old 03-22-2003, 03:43 PM
ITRraceR

From what i heard tokico is suppose to be better than kyb but thats because kyb is less known than tokico, plus i like the way you adjuct the shosck , you got 4 settings to choose form unlike koni where there is no way to adjust four corners of the car the same because there is no way to tell if it's the same, but from what i know tokico has the same type of adastabilt as kyb, am i right????
Old 03-23-2003, 10:09 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tokico has more extensive R&D than kyb, tighter production tolerances too... KYBs are nice, but when you pay more for tokicos, its the development youre paying for. In europe the running saying is kyb=keep your bilstiens. I used to autox on tokico illuminas, I liked them a lot. That said, I autox on koni yellows now, and they are totally worth the price.:thumbup:
Old 03-23-2003, 10:12 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ITRraceR
From what i heard tokico is suppose to be better than kyb but thats because kyb is less known than tokico, plus i like the way you adjuct the shosck , you got 4 settings to choose form unlike koni where there is no way to adjust four corners of the car the same because there is no way to tell if it's the same, but from what i know tokico has the same type of adastabilt as kyb, am i right????
its pretty easy to adjust the konis the same. Just turn them the same amount, thats all there is to it.