Notices

condensation in head lights

Old 03-20-2003, 05:42 PM
pomansouth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default condensation in head lights

how do i get condensation out of my head lights. its really pissing me off and i hate it. it makes my car look so cheap to me. someone please help me on this one
Old 03-20-2003, 05:51 PM
kfar09

i had that during the winter but now it evaporated...so im not complianing. but you could try to take out the bulb and put a blow dryer up to it and maybe evaporate it then. or put a straw up to it and suck hahaha. or even drill a tiny hole at the bottom of the headlamp where no one would see and it might drain out that way.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:51 PM
crash

what ever you do don't take the light bulb out while you go somewhere to let it dry out, and then forget to put it back in later-like i did.
then i turned on my headlights and a minute later i smelt plastic burning,i pulled over just in time before it burnt a hole through the windshield washer resovor.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:26 PM
WhiteLitening
I'm like dis'........

you can take the whole headlight assembly out and seal around the edges, but first you gotta let it dry out. my acura dealer told me to do the same on my 98 GSR but then 2 days later, a lady hit me head on in my own lane so i got a whole new front end instead!! good luck
Old 03-20-2003, 09:52 PM
pomansouth

i appreciate the advice and input and i guess i am goin to have to take the freakin thing out and just seal it up really good with some stuff that my dad has. its like blue marine sealer and its kinda like rubber cement i guess but it sticks to more then just rubber. but anyhow how much of a pain in the ass is it to take the headlight assembly out. if its too much then i guess ill just have to do the hair dryer thing on it every once in a while but I dont want to have to. anyhow thanks again for the reps.
steven
Old 03-21-2003, 09:50 AM
jeems
i be slow

try the hair dryer first
if you like the black housed headlight look (like i do)
take off the bumper, take out the headlights, use a heat gun to pry open your lamps and black house your lights. then seal it back up.

b-series.net has the how to.
Old 03-22-2003, 04:42 PM
WhiteLitening
I'm like dis'........

the hair dryer would work, but its a pain in the ass. just take your headlight assembly out and reseal it. it's not that bad taking the assembly out, it will take most of the time just to dry it out, actually sealing it will not take long at all.