Notices

Rattling noise...

Old 03-20-2003, 05:58 AM
NVS
That's Mr.NVS to you!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling noise...

My '92 Integra has a little bit of rattling noise. It starts when you ease your foot off the gas, but not all the way off. It's kinda hard to explain. You ease off the gas like 75-85%, and then you'll hear rattling sound. It seems to come from under the guages or in the engine bay just in front of the guages. It's in that area somewhere. Any ideas?

Oh yes, one more question. When my car sits idly(say a stop light/sign) the steering wheel vibrates a whole lot. It vibrates as though I have a 700w subwoofer cranked full blast. Then it stops vibrating when you start driving. HELP.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:12 AM
Creep

I'm not sure about your rattle under the cluster but it might go
away if you fix your other problem.

When your car is sitting @ idle, have you ever opened the hood
to see if your motor is hoping around in there? It may have
something to do with a motor mount. You might have a bad
one.

Is it just the steering wheel or is the entire car thats vibrating.

Did you buy the car used?
Old 03-20-2003, 09:32 PM
tg91sleeper

Check the two bolts in the front transmission torque mount, if the two bolts are in tight check the rear mount for cracks, it's hard to get to with more than one had to feel for them. This my sound stupid but my girlfriend's car when it was new did the same thing with 200 miles on it. She has a ZX2 I think its's because her idle RPM is too low but I don't know if the same would apply to a Honda.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:21 AM
90'RS

My cluster makes a ticking noise sometimes but mostly when it's cold so that might be it but it could also be the heat sheilds, especially if it sounds like it's from the engine bay.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:09 AM
NVS
That's Mr.NVS to you!

I found out what the rattling noise was. It was a penny hoppin' around under the steering wheel. How the hell did it get there?

As for the vibrate, It's just the steering wheel. And only when I idle. My parents think it might be the idling speed or something like that.