Notices

2007 Honda Civic - Wheel Brearing

Old 10-15-2009, 03:26 AM
vwheatley
Vwheatley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Honda Civic - Wheel Brearing

Both rear wheel bearings failed on my 2007 Honda Civic. I did respond to the Honda recall regarding the wheel bearing fix at about 15,000 miles. The bearings still failed on a trip at 35,000 miles. I called a Houston, Texas Honda dealer on my trip and they said that it couldn't be my bearings and that I should check with my tire manufacturer Michelin. They were brand new tires and the tire store said that they would give me $40 per tire if I was unhappy with them. I just paid $130 per tire so I waited to think about it. The noise continued to get worse even after rotating tires. I took the car in to my local Honda dealer and they confirmed the bearings were toast and that I was lucky I didn't lose a wheel especially driving back home trough New Mexico. The car was now out of warranty, but the dealer said Honda would pick up the $500 bill minus $100 for the deductable. I have no idea what the deductable was for because the car had no warranty on it and the problem was fixed based on the previous wheel bearing recall that didn't fix the problem to start with. Maybe the $100 was for the dealers christmas party fund.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:10 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Moved from Front Desk to 06+ Civic / CSX.

The Front Desk forum is for site maintenance and improvement only.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!

Last edited by TheOtherDave™; 10-15-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:24 PM
slomofo

07 Civic should be under warranty.

Info probably doesn't matter anyway though since this thread is old as hell.