Notices
Other Honda & Acura News Automotive news from around the globe.

Honda Civic Hatchback - Editorial

Old 08-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Honda Civic Hatchback - Editorial

Honda Civic Hatchback - Editorial

Editor Rodrez talks about the Honda Civic hatchback and other models Honda has produced over the years.First Major Challenge...
Ever since I first stepped foot into Honda waters, I found myself bombarded by options. In fact, I'd say I was pretty much spoiled. Aftermarket support for the various Hondas I've owned has been nothing short of amazing. Civic hatchback, CRX, EH chassis, they all had an abundance of options, whether it be power, appearance, or suspension related. Of course there weren't quite as many manufacturers in the early '90s, yet there was enough activity to keep my savings account in the red. When the B series/VTEC phenomenon finally struck the U.S. with the introduction of the GS-R, things momentarily slowed down. There were plenty of exhaust, header, and intake options available, but anything beyond that was thought to be a waste of money. "These engines will never make any more power than the simple bolt-ons. Cams won't work, and you can't boost a high compression motor" they would scream. But after the initial fear wore off, and envelope pushers got their hands dirty, our industry once again began to blossom, with new upgrades popping up almost weekly. Quiet were the naysayers once cam makers unveiled their newest offerings. Bolt-on turbo and supercharger kits were being produced in mass quantities. Realistically, once the initial B series fears were put to rest, we didn't see another major roadblock for a number of years.

Photo Gallery: Honda Civic Hatchback - Editor Rodrez - Honda Tuning Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...