Notices
Other Honda & Acura News Automotive news from around the globe.

My First Car Show - Editorial

Old 07-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My First Car Show - Editorial

My First Car Show - Editorial

Editor Rodrez talks about his first car show that took place in the early nineties.Somewhere around the early nineties, I made my way over to Del Mar, CA, for my first car show. It was Import Showoff, and I remember being excited at the fact that I'd be spending the afternoon gawking at a custom Integra or two, or maybe drooling over a heavily modified Civic. Sure, there would no doubt be other types of cars attending, but my interest at that time was solely vested in the big H. As we arrived at the event and drove through the gates, I couldn't believe my eyes. A line that couldn't have been any less than a few thousand people stretched from one end of the parking lot to the other. At the time I had no idea there were that many people even interested in imports, and it completely changed my perspective. Living in my little world, it never crossed my mind that there were plenty of cars outside my town, and beyond Turbo and Sport Compact Car Magazine. Though it took quite some time, we eventually found a parking spot and proceeded to break out the camcorder (which, at that time, was about the size of a minivan) to record the cars in the parking lot as we made our way toward the ticket line. Cars we'd never seen before from Los Angeles and surrounding cities completely blew our minds as we'd only been exposed to local cars on street race night.

Photo Gallery: Editor Rodrez - First Car Show - Honda Tuning Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...