Notices
Other Honda & Acura News Automotive news from around the globe.

Honda Power - Editorial

Old 04-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Honda Power - Editorial

Honda Power - Editorial

Editor Rodrez talks about Honda Power during times of drift and EVO obsessions in the U.S.Who Let The Honda Guys In?
It's 4:50 on a rainy Friday morning and I'm tired. Not just regular tired, but the kind of tired you feel after only three hours of sleep. The kind of tired when you know you needed at least seven. I'm standing shoulder to shoulder in a sea of caffeine-powered shoppers, most of whom are elbowing their ways through a poorly organized line to reach that beloved cashier's counter. That's right, I woke up at 4 a.m. on Black Friday in a feeble attempt to find those legendary "can't-miss deals" that I'd long heard about. Though my attitude is that of an angry pre-teen, I sheepishly admit that it was well worth losing a few hours of sleep in order to save 300 big ones on that shiny new plasma that'll shock my mom on Christmas. Due to the Disneyland-esque line in front of me, my short attention is quickly drawn toward the magazine rack. I note a few import titles alongside the muscle car magazines and Auto Traders, but what really stands out is the Honda Civic on one cover in particular. It's probably the fourth or fifth Honda I've seen pasted on the cover of a magazine other than Honda Tuning this year, which is surprising. For a short moment, it reminded me of the good ol' days, when great mags like Sport Compact Car and Turbo would hit my mailbox with a CRX or an Integra on their covers just about every other month. It was a great time, and there was an endless flow of Honda info coming from every direction. For those of us mesmerized by all things Honda, it was a chance for us to learn. Times were good.

Photo Gallery: Honda Power - Evo Obsessions - Honda Tuning Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...