Notices

Do not do business with ProCarParts.com

Old 01-14-2003, 07:50 AM
Daniel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do not do business with ProCarParts.com

Originally Posted by Drumsy

I have grown tired of dealing with them, and to partly satisfy my pent-up frustration and partly warn potential customers of receiving the same poor, despicable, and putrid service I did, here is what I have to say.

I originally ordered a set of White/Clear taillights for a 2000 Accord 12.21.01 on www.procarparts.com. I used my Visa check card, as I was sure the transaction would process.

I received a phone call a couple of days later, informing me that the transaction could not be processed. I explained that I had used my debit card, and would forward a PayPal payment ASAP. On 12.28.01, I PayPaled ProCarParts a payment of $137.90.

On 12.31.01 I received this email:
Thanks for your payment, but you didn't include the ebay item # with
it.

Please let us know the item # you are paying for, and include the date
you
paid paypal, amount and your name.

Thanks.

I replied back immediately, copying my confirmation email (which contained my item description, part #, and order #) that I had received on the 12.21.01.

Do you know that on 01.03.02, I received the exact same email again? And again I replied back to them, copying my confirmation email in hopes to expedite the arrival of the lights, which were intended as a christmas present.

I received a reply email from them on 01.04.02 and it states as follows:

We apologize for the inconvenience. We will ship it out on Monday. Thank you.

Wouldn't you know it, but about two weeks later I received the package, which contained (get this) a set of clear tailights for a 94-01 Dodge Ram Truck. I was stoked!!! I immediately attempted to call them via the number on the shipping labor, but received busy signals repeatedly. It wasn't until about three days later when I was able to speak to someone. His name was Mark, and he asked me to please fax him some photos of the items, to ensure they were in excellent condition, and he would send me a packing label. I explained that I would do my best to get those to him.

It took me approximately a couple of weeks to lay my hand on a friends digital camera (I didn't want to pay extra for film and development). After getting the pictures taken, uploaded, and printed out, I was finally able to fax them around the 8th of February.

On 02.12.02, guess what email I got??

Dear customer:

We received your fax today, but your did not inlcude your item or order
number on it. Please email us your order or item number so that we will
know what item that you are referring to.

Thank you.

(Sigh)I replied back immediately with all the necessary information. The next day, 02.13.02, I received this email:

Dear customer:

If we send you a wrong item, we will offer an exchange within 7
days,and
we do not accept any refurn for refund. If the item has not been
installed
you would like to return, we can made an exceptionp; however, you will
be
deducted of $20% restocking fee.

Before we can issue your a return authorization code. Please email us
the
pictures as it is not clear on you fax.

Thank you.

This is the email I fired back:

To whom it may concern:

I spoke to Mark directly regarding this issue and have
been waiting a call directly from him.

The issue is I ordered red/clear tailights for an
Accord. I was shipped tailights for a Dodge Ram.
This is not my fault, this is ProCarParts fault. I do
not own the Accord anymore*, otherwise, I would request
an exchange. Since it's ProCarParts fault that I was
not shipped the correct item, and since I no longer
own the Accord, I refuse to allow the 20% restocking
fee. Maybe you folks should have paid a little
further attention to what you were shipping. I will
not pay for someone else's mistake.

I demand the full $137.90 be paypaled back to me at
drumsy99@yahoo.com immediately.

You have inconvenienced me by asking for more
pictures. I do not own a quality digital camera and
the images I sent you are the best that I can do. The
lights were not installed, since I do not even own a
Dodge Ram. Remember, they were the incorrect item to
begin with.

Daniel

*I no longer wished to give the gift, it was too late and pointless.

A couple of days pass, no responce, so I send back requesting further information and my money.

Three guess as to what I got today?

If we send you a wrong item, we will offer an
exchange within 7 days,and
we do not accept any refurn for refund. If the item
has not been installed
you would like to return, we can made an exceptionp;
however, you will be
deducted of $20% restocking fee.

Before we can issue your a return authorization
code. Please email us the
pictures as it is not clear on you fax.

Thank you.

Now, as most of you might feel, I am really, REALLY tired of dealing with this. My latest email to them restates my case, and also includes the link to this post in our For Sale Forum, as well as the links to all the other sites I will be posting this on.

For your sake, please do not do business further with them. Their customer service and quality of service is bar none, probably the worst I've seen of any online retailer.

If you have any questions regarding this issue, you can reach me at drumsy99@yahoo.com. I'm not sure what my next course of action will be, if they do not cooperate. Let's hope they do.

Take care folks!

*If you have similar experiences with them, please post it in this thread: https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...threadid=91330
I'm posting this again since it was lost when HAN went down. Please take my warning, don't do business with them. Thank you!
Old 01-14-2003, 07:58 AM
yldstyleviet

all yea..they are bastards. i won an ebay auction for corners and they shipped it out 2 weeks later. and get this, they charged me $8 to ship it out with no insurance and fugging UPS lost it. Screw UPS; FedEx Ground offers free insurance and tracking and is MUCH cheaper. I called UPS and they said I need to get shipper to call them to start an investigation. ProCarParts didnt do jack
Old 02-01-2003, 05:36 AM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

I think I remember these idiots too.
Years ago in 1999, when indiglo gauges first came out there was a groupbuy through them and they offered the stuff dirt cheap. So of course everybody ordered and they ran out of stock. Understandable? Nope. cuz many of us had paypalled them the money and months later still din't have our stuff.

I emailed, I called over and over. Nothing. First they said we didn't run the groupbuy so take it up with the guy who ran it. He said they were screwing him. After 2 and a half months and an irate phone threatening to destroy their business on the net with a hate campaign...guess what? I get through to a manager and the gauges show up in less than five days.

I never said anything cuz i thought it was isolated, but i guess they're jackasses.

noel

ps you think we can get them to sponsor HAN? :fawk:
Old 02-25-2003, 08:44 PM
FromTheBottom
Driver of Trains

i actually had no complaints about my order from them (about a month ago). i bought some gauges from them off ebay, and they got here in less than two weeks, including them waiting for my money order. i guess i got lucky. sorry to those who had sh!tty times, maybe they've changed policies or ownership? :dunno:
Old 03-21-2003, 05:52 PM
hothonda007

Hey guys. Still waiting for my R-33 Front Bumper for my 96 Accord. Do you think I'll get it anytime soon?!!! I don't think so, since its only been 2 weeks since I last won the eBay auction. I called numerous times (12 times to be exact). Busy signals and VERY incompetant staff makes it that much harder to get things done. Apparently, they send another guy my bumper, thanx to my hard earned money. I guess I have to wait and see. After reading all these complaints..I think its time to put my foot down on these Fockers!!! Please DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH PROCARPARTS.COM.

ed~
Old 04-09-2003, 11:20 PM
BuDDiFieD_CiViC

I quadriple agree with all you, i had to go to their store my damn self to get my lights. damn @$$holes.
Old 04-12-2003, 03:24 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

My sister ordered a set of Depo foglights from them off of ebay and the only thing wrong that I saw with it was I got the item before I got the tracking #... Go figure...
Old 04-29-2003, 06:18 PM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've never had a problem with them :dunno:
Old 04-30-2003, 02:45 PM
preylude99

ive heard bad things about them as well.....
Old 05-05-2003, 05:00 PM
Soulja
HAN's resident 5-0

Hey drumsy, was this ever resolved? If not, shoot me an email, And when I goto work tomorrow, I'll try and get in touch with them, and try to get it done. Buisnesses don't usually like when the police call saying that criminal complaints are going to be signed.