Notices
Vehicle Classifieds Cars for sale only.

'99 Prelude base, 5-speed in Maryland. SOLD SOLD SOLD

Old 03-02-2009, 09:18 AM
IronmanDaremo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 Prelude base, 5-speed in Maryland. SOLD SOLD SOLD

Selling my '99 Prelude base. 154k miles. Never raced (since I've owned it, not sure about previous owner, but don't think so based on the condition when I bought it from the dealer). Non-smoker car. Located in Maryland just outside of Columbia (between Baltimore and DC).

5 speed, clutch replaced at 75k miles. Used as my daily driver for mostly highway commute. Just replaced the tires a few months ago, so almost brand new. Just replaced rear brake pads last month. Have front pads and some cross drilled rotors that I bought new but never installed I'll throw in. Mods are limited to AEM short ram, Megan (DC Sports knock off) stainless 4-2-1 header, high flow cat and Buddy Club stainless exhaust.

What's wrong with it? It has always burned oil and at about 110k or so it threw a CEL. Didn't go into limp mode, but the CEL has always been there. I remember something in the code was #1 cyclinder/plug issue. Basically I think it needed to have the piston rings replaced or something like that. But that isn't the problem overall. I've been driving it like that for quite a while.

The big problem, which resulted in me giving up on it, is that it now spews oil out and will not hold oil in when it runs. I've somewhat isolated the problem and believe it has to do with the part where the oil filter goes into the engine (the "engine oil cooler" based on the Majestic Honda schematic of that area). It could be something as simple as a blown seal there that you could replace with just pulling the filter/cooler and replacing that. Or it could be the oil cooler/filter assembly itself. I don't know as I'm not equipped to take it all apart and figure it out. I'm guessing it is something that is fairly easily fixable by someone who knows what they are doing in that area.

The car starts and runs fine. There are absolutely zero issues with it other than the engine. Radio, AC, electronics, etc. are all in perfect working order. It is just time for me to move on from the car and I've already bought something else to replace it. So the Prelude needs to go ASAP.

I'm looking for anything over $3,500. Blue book in fair condition is $4,500, so you can't beat that!!! Even if it is something worse with the engine, it is still a killer deal! Post or e-mail me about it - rcarter@hcm2.com. I'll try to get pics soon for anyone that wants to see it.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:23 AM
IronmanDaremo

Forgot, it also has NGK wires.

Oh, and dramatically dropping price. I need to get this thing moved out and off my driveway and insurance! Best offer over $2000!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:37 AM
IronmanDaremo

C'mon people, not a single person interested?? I need to move this thing like yesterday!!
Old 04-30-2009, 03:51 PM
gottaBfast

I have $100...............

and a pair of nike shoes
Old 05-01-2009, 08:47 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by gottaBfast
I have $100...............

and a pair of nike shoes
This isn't the place for irreverence.
If you're not making a serious offer, please don't post.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 05-12-2009, 01:22 PM
IronmanDaremo

Sold, thanks for looking.