Notices
Other Honda & Acura News Automotive news from around the globe.

Rare JDM Parts Collector - Spotlight

Old 02-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rare JDM Parts Collector - Spotlight

Rare JDM Parts Collector - Spotlight

Rodrez recollects various instances in his past regarding all of the rare JDM parts he's gathered over the years and how many lips he's ruined.Well, it happened again. I knew it was only a matter of time. There goes lip number...uh...five? Oh hell, I don't even know anymore. I've gone through so many that I've lost count. Pulling out of a local Pat and Oscars (SoCal outsiders are missing out on the best breadsticks ever, by the way) meant making my way down the steepest incline I've come across in ages. I tried, but the angle just wouldn't give me a break on this fateful day as the familiar sscccccrrrrrrape was followed by a healthy crunch! My passenger looked at me with the familiar "oh man, that sounds really bad" look on her face while I just shook my head and chuckled. In all honesty, if this had been 10 years ago, I would have been raving mad. But I'm used to it, and there's no need for anger anymore. Besides, the lip was a piece that emulated a Spoon Sports carbon-fiber lip, and I'd purchased it at a discount thanks to a good friend who took care of sourcing the others I'd broken. In fact, I had another spare collecting dust in storage that I wiped off and swapped out for the newly demolished version. Also in storage, I found my Backyard Special lip and wing, an SiR lip and wing, as well as an original Spoon lip. Then there's my spare "road warrior" bumper that's painted flat black and is matched with another damaged carbon lip that loves to kiss the candy canes on Spring Mountain's road course. Behind the lip and wing combos are a few sets of aftermarket mirrors and a new set of wheels, still boxed up. Looking at all of this, one would assume I was stockpiling parts, preparing for the end of the world. I stopped for a moment to think about what exactly prompted me to hang on to all of these goodies when I just have one car. I could easily sell them off and help pad my wallet. I mean really, since my biggest concern is the way my car handles and performs, everything else should come second. So why then would I even waste my time hunting this stuff down and spend my hard-earned money only to lock them up in storage? The answer: It's a simple way to change my car around a bit when I get bored. I quickly swap out the lip, wing, mirrors, and wheels, and voila, I've got a new setup for a while. So it's worth it right? I mean, I'm not crazy or anything. Right? That's what I keep telling myself.

Photo Gallery: Rare JDM Parts Collector - Spotlight - Honda Tuning Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...