Notices
Other Honda & Acura News Automotive news from around the globe.

Used Online Purchases - Mike's Soapbox

Old 02-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Used Online Purchases - Mike's Soapbox

Used Online Purchases - Mike's Soapbox

Mike shares his experiences with used online purchases and trading parts through the internet, as well as his gripes against low-ballers.Hi, I'm Mike Arpon, Honda Tuning magazine's official Editorial Lackey-the guy behind the guy...sort of. I suppose this is my chance to get onto my pseudo soapbox, a chance to talk about any of the Honda-related nonsense I come across. Today's topic: the classifieds. Whether we're talking about a new-in-box Mugen valve cover, some seasoned Spoon rims, or a pair of ultra-rare Z-Speed towhooks, every seller has his price. And there's a threshold that every seller simply cannot go below and still come out ahead. Take my JDM ITR Recaro SRD seats and USDM ITR rears, for example. Let's be honest, if these babies were in mint condition-I'm talking 10 out of 10-they likely wouldn't be up for sale. No, I've used these things for a good five years, and a little steam cleaning wouldn't hurt them a bit. The rears are in slightly better condition than the fronts. They've got their share of fading but they're tear-free and I kept this in mind when I set the price at $950. This is the price; it's what I need, it's what I want.

Photo Gallery: Used Online Purchases - Editor Mike's Soapbox - Honda Tuning Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...