Notices

99 Acura cl 3.0 spuddering then shuts off

Old 11-16-2008, 06:31 AM
kevlarr33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Acura cl 3.0 spuddering then shuts off

So 88 000 miles cars in excellent shape new o2 sensor,stater,plugs,battery,airfilter. No more check engine but after a long ride from work 43 miles away, I park to stop at the store come out turn on the car and she spudders and hesitates and shuts off . Turn it on again and I have to keep my foot on the gas pedal lightly for a few seconds and then she fine. Whats up with that anyone had that problem ? There is NO smell like leaky fuel injectors but I did buy a fuel filter and theromastate to put in!

P.s She Does not do that any other time, Its like shes tired of the drive and needs a breather lol
Old 11-17-2008, 09:26 AM
violato

Exactly the same happened on my 1999 Acura TL althought it's only once in a while and happened randomly. I put my car in the shop today to replace the fuel filter. we'll see what happened afterward. The weird thing, when I call different shop, they said the fuel filter is in the gas tank and no need to replace it unless I replace the fuel pump.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:07 PM
tpats

Default EGR Valve

I am far from a mechanic, however I joined this site exactly for this same reason. After learning more about the EGR valve, I removed it and the amount of carbon build up was amazing. Do some searches on this site and you will learn more about possible issues. As for my stalling and sputtering... so far so good...
Old 04-30-2009, 08:01 PM
kevlarr33

Default EGR Valve 99 cl 3.0

Ok after many atemps and buying an air ratchet the two bolts do not come off of the egr valve??? some one told me becuase of the lock tight it has on it , so two heat it up ?? should i have a torch ready but i dont know??
Old 05-01-2009, 06:18 AM
Carbuff

Have you tried cleaning the throttle body?

Use a clean rag soaked in cleaner or a swab to do both sides of the butterfly plate.

DON'T just spray intake cleaner in, you might affect the throttle position sensor (which is riveted on!).
Old 05-01-2009, 12:33 PM
kevlarr33

Thank you ill try that too. But I have these bolts that wont come off first I already have a new erg valve and gasket. Lock Tight lock TIGHT ahHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 05-01-2009, 05:13 PM
kevlarr33

Default EGR Valve 99 cl 3.0

Got it finally Needed A little more backbone i had bought a small a air ratchect Wrench??90 psi wrong moveh:. My Neighbor lent me his big boy impact that did the trick. new egr valve and new t- stat complete. thanks everyone.Ps. its better to remove battery when replacing these things. oh and dont ask me how i got the socket to fit. dont bother buying a universal knuckle! I did with a swz all ha " what ia hacker. but its clean and like new,you can't tell unless i tell. hope this helps others. PEACE!!!!:yay:
Old 05-03-2009, 11:57 AM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Originally Posted by kevlarr33
Got it finally Needed A little more backbone i had bought a small a air ratchect Wrench??90 psi wrong moveh:. My Neighbor lent me his big boy impact that did the trick. new egr valve and new t- stat complete. thanks everyone.Ps. its better to remove battery when replacing these things. oh and dont ask me how i got the socket to fit. dont bother buying a universal knuckle! I did with a swz all ha " what ia hacker. but its clean and like new,you can't tell unless i tell. hope this helps others. PEACE!!!!:yay:
Good job.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:56 AM
kevlarr33

Ok back to the thermostat issue when I turn on my A/C My car Over heats That's the reason I Change the T-STAT but still overheating so I check my ac and it was low needed a charge so as I Started to recharge it and it starts to "short Cycle??? Turning on and off and with the gauges still on, when it clicked off it red lined. On the ac gauge.
Then when "click" back on, it read low? now what? I dont think its ever done it before but i don't know. compressor issue or what ? I don't know. I will research again but if any one can point me in the right direction thank you this car will be mechanicly new when im done with it ...
Old 05-04-2009, 06:37 PM
kevlarr33

Default back at it

Ok so i didnt want to mess with anything else and maybe caused more issues by adding freon, I took my car after doing research to see who had the best deal on checking A/C 's an down here there was tuffy's 9.99 Special. They thoroughly inspected my ac and bam so simple and i forgot to check my fan motor was not going on that lead to the overheating issues also i put to much freon so need new fan and evac. done ahhh but at least shell be running sweat again and cold. later.:irock: