Notices

power window problems

Old 12-10-2002, 10:06 PM
lostcause

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power window problems

i wanted to know if what i would have to do to fix my damn window it goes down fine but when it starts to roll up is starts to die and soesnt work for awhile. Also i suddenly started to have a leak in my trunk when it rains water ends up in the trunk of my car. has this happend to anyone if not any suggestions.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:10 AM
Outxider
X-Motoring

ur pw motor could be goin out or maybe the tracks r not lubed up, try some silicone lubricant on the tracks, if that doesnt work, look into a new motor. as for the leak, best bet would be ur tail light gaskets. they get pretty thin and deteriorate(sp?) over time. check those out.

late
Old 12-11-2002, 12:13 AM
94civicEX
I got worms.

I have both these problems as well. I cry.

duck squad member #00003
Old 12-11-2002, 10:02 AM
lostcause

on the gaskets where would i get replacements for them and also i dont think its coming from the gaskests cause theres this little plastic knob there and i think it leaking through there but im not sure cause its hard to see it.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:08 AM
dlh1999
Runs with scissors.

A lot of times all it needs is some lubricant on the tracks like Outxider said. I know that power windows, no matter what car they're in, have problems after a while with tracks gumming up or needing some lube. If those aren't the problem, then you'll need a new power window motor.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:14 PM
Grim

where would one find replacement pw motors? my right window stopped working, and my driver's side is gettun weak
Old 12-27-2002, 06:04 AM
Perucho81

yo all my 4 windows of my car stop working, i have to open my car door to pay the toll money. it all started on my driver side window, then the two back windows of my car, and after that...all my windows doesn't work...
I took the car to my dealer, they told me that somebody was trying to get into my car, and that the cables was pull and cut.
in order to fix, i have to pay new cables for the car windows. So each window i have to pay to get it fix cost $175/ each window. I was like ' get the **** out here' so i left. I went to check it if that was the problem. I open all four car doors , check if it was cut, and no cut is no where to be found. i knew that auto was lieing to me, there was no cable cut, and i have to pay $175 dollars for each cable to fix...i call the daeler to **** himself.
Old 12-27-2002, 01:08 PM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

Originally posted by Grim
where would one find replacement pw motors? my right window stopped working, and my driver's side is gettun weak
check on ebay they can range anywhere from 10-100 bux per window. most of the stock replacements ones are usually around 50 bux for the rears each and 75 bux for the fronts each. check it out.