Notices

Five avg. sols spotted in MD

Old 12-09-2002, 12:07 AM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Five avg. sols spotted in MD

This week has been a record for me as far as catching Del Sols out and about. I've seen:
1) a white S model, bad 14" rims (beaten up, and obviously been through a couple of winters with road salt), and chipped paint on the hood and front bumper in a parking lot in Germantown, MD.
2) a red Sol in Woodbine, MD, with dull grey 15"s or 16"s (5-spoke) in a parking lot of the "supermarket" (that's actually what the store is called, in lower-case letters).
3) White Si parked in Damascus, MD in the Kings Valley development. Across the street, roughly, from a 60s Corvette, also white.
4) a black no-aux-lights ('97?) VTEC on route 108 in Damascus, early in the morning (8 am), which had been washed recently - very glossy.
5) a red S model on the same stretch of road as #4.

It's so strange - one of the great allures of the Sol, for me, was it's relatively "exotic" character. I see MR2s, Pulsars (or NXs, same thing), Fieros, Miatas all. day. long. But I almost never see Sols (other than my own, of course).

But, ironically, the winter has brought out 5 in the last week. Go figure. These cars, except for the wheels on #1, 2, looked completely stock. If anyone knows the owners, I'd be interested to find out who they are. Honda owners have even more fellowship than Volvo owners - my previous car-cult - and Sol owners in particular.

Viva el Del Sol!
Old 12-13-2002, 03:55 PM
pip9

I work in waldorf at the honda dealership and there is atleast one in the shop every week to get something worked on. I always seem to see atleast 2 on my way to chic'fala (sp) everyday for lunch. I think the black one i see there is someone who works there b/c it's there everyday, a black dohc one too There's one im looking at buying, even though i'm not to crazy about the color samba green since it makes the car standout too much esp to the cops and it's right down the street from the mall there. And plus a guy i work with and some of his friends drive del sols so I probalby see atleast 3 a day, but i know what ur saying, it seems like lately alot of del sols have been popping up everywhere. Maybe it's just the fact that i'm trying to own one myself so i notice them more.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:46 PM
PT-6A

i dont see that many around here. Maybe one once in a while on the way to work. There's one i see all the time, its a red VTEC, parked outside walmart, i guess the guy works there.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:21 PM
okie

rarely see them around here

mostly new mustangs and camaros.. glad I don't own one of them

I swear I can count 30+ new mustangs easy on the way home from work every day.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:37 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

I know what you mean about the Mustangs. I live in a "rural" area where people are addicted to American V8s. Mustangs, Camaros, and the ever-present Neons are the avg. cars in my town. Gave me a big respect for the "old-but-good" cars like the 'Cuda and GT-350, etc.
Hondas are the #1 import cars, though... mostly EX Civics and Accords, a bunch of Odysseys, and, recently, lots of del sols. hmmm...