Notices

Weird suspension noises

Old 12-03-2002, 08:26 PM
Xqu1sit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird suspension noises

Hey people, maybe some one can tell me what in the world is going on. Ok well a few months ago my car started making squeeking noises and my ride was bumpy. i had dropped my car 1.8' in the front and 1.5 in the back. well everytime i went over a bump or anything that was not smooth i would hear noises from my suspension., i'm not sure what is making the noises. i thought my shocks were blown so i got some new front shocks. i got tokico blues. after i put them on, the noises stopped for a couple of weeks and the ride was a lot better. but now the noise is starting agian. i don't know what is it and what kind of maintenace i have to do to fix it.. can any one help?
Old 12-04-2002, 03:30 AM
str8edgexx

squeeking? have you tried lubing up all of your bushings?
Old 12-04-2002, 05:32 AM
cvc2k

Try some silicon grease on them bushings
Old 12-04-2002, 07:50 AM
HLD_Civic
se7en

also, it's probably pretty damn cold in VA now huh? Everything seems to squeek when it's very cold.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:04 AM
supapoopa
Nissan: Shift_Recall

Originally posted by cvc2k
Try some silicon grease on them bushings
Hey i'm putting in my springs and shocks this friday...

Would I have to grease those spots when i but the bolts back in them? I'm a noob at this... first time personally intstalling springs and shocks in my car.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:11 PM
Xqu1sit

yeah you should lube them up..also its making like clanking noises everytime i slow down and like when i break and let off the break it clanks agian... yeah its cold as some **** here in VA.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:34 PM
Tony96EX

clanking noises? maybe the coils are banging together. stock springs comes with coil sleeves to prevent that from happening. Put them on if they're off. It may raise your car a little bit.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:31 PM
tokyoracer
got JDM milk???

Originally posted by supapoopa
Hey i'm putting in my springs and shocks this friday...

Would I have to grease those spots when i but the bolts back in them? I'm a noob at this... first time personally intstalling springs and shocks in my car.
i would use silicon grease spray for that circle spot... both front and rear of the bolt. then i would spray some for that bolt on to of the lca. when putting it back together... it's handy to have a rubber mallet... just spray the hole and the bolt fully with the silicon spray... and then gently pound on it and it will slide right in.
Old 12-06-2002, 02:12 AM
96extec

I would double check that everything is locked down tight, mabey loose nut or bolt, start there.
Old 12-06-2002, 02:21 AM
Deludedteg

Hope you have an air wrench(Don't use it on the strut piston). It makes taking stuff off alot easier. Also another hint: Spray bolts and nuts down with WD40 or something like that. It helps to loosen rusty bolts(like the one we broke on my rear lower arm ) I'm with 96 on this one though. Check and make sure all your bolts are tightened down.