Notices

Suspension problem - too stiff?

Old 12-01-2002, 10:58 PM
CapYoda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension problem - too stiff?

Well, I'm trying to fix everything thats wrong with my car..

and couple months ago I got into an accident... the shop never fixed my car too well... when they handed it back to me the rear left (side that got hit) was stiff as heck, when I press on the top of the rear trunk on the left, the car wont budge at all... (ususally when u press hard u can make the car go up and down..)

so I take it back to them.. and they "fixed it" so yeah it feels better.. but still doesn't feel right... I'm too tired to bi*ch further (2nd mistake, 1st was accident) so I just took the car... plus, I didn't have time.. really needed the car..

anyhow now that I think about it, its still kinda stiff... I press on the rear left of the trunk and it does bounce now, but still a bit stiff when compare to other corners of the car.

anyone know what the problems could be? at first I thought it was the shocks (like they give me a blown one) but they fixed it right away... and it didn't seem like they replaced anything... so what did they do to make it less stiff?

still, it could be the shocks I guess, I'll never know. I duno where I should go to have it checked... if I go to the dealers and let them know its been in an accident, they're really going to try and rip me off... so some ideas and info would greatly be appreciate... just so I can arm myself with something if I ever go to the dealer or a different shop.

thanks again.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:08 PM
CapYoda

ttt
Old 12-02-2002, 11:31 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

are you on stock shocks and springs?
Old 12-03-2002, 02:17 AM
CapYoda

yup.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:55 AM
Tony96EX

If the shock is blown it will bounce, not be stiff. Maybe the rod or suspension arm is bent? Maybe the bushings are out of alignment?
Old 12-03-2002, 03:54 PM
FDragger
the F is a secret :shhh:

check the bushings. jack the car up and see if the wheel can travel up and down.
Old 12-04-2002, 03:04 AM
CapYoda

hmm. oh yeah. I'll check. thanks
Old 12-04-2002, 07:20 PM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

Same thing happened to my dads truck. When they shiped it, the shock got dinged and it wouldn't go up and down right. You may want to check the shock to make sure it's ok. Look for the obvious stuff too like the bushings as mentioned above!!

If you are not happy with the way they fixed it, take it back and make them fix it correctly. That is their job. If they won't, threaten legal action. Did your insurance company pay for the repairs? Call them and tell them the problems you are having with the shop. They have more time and money to go after these people.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:37 PM
CapYoda

I know. I hate dealing with it though....

I know its going to take a lot longer to get them to fix it.. and the insurance to help me out... either way, it sucks.

insurance just threw a letter at me recently telling me the recent accident (well, that one that caused all this) might cost more than my policy!! sheesh. I duno how it'll cost more than 25,000/50,000 but er... at least the other party hasn't sue me yet.